Sponsored

What would you recommend for a portable tire inflation device?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

notacon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport unlimited
I have the arb dual system installed under the passenger seat with quick connects at .both front seats. I can air up 4 315/70 tires at the same time and Take them from 14 psi to 38 psi faster than my friend can do 2 tires with his smithy built compressor, plus I can hook up an air gun for blow thing thing off or drying connections. Cou ildn’t be happier.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
I owned a Smittybilt like that one before the Superflow. But Smittybilt cheapened on some components. For instance the air hose is permamently attached to the compressor; it broke on mine after 12 months and I could not find a replacement fitting.

When I asked Smittybilt for a replacement part they told me they didn't sell them; I had to buy a new compressor. I told them to take a hike and got the Superflow instead.
Yeah that is unfortunate. Ours has been running strong and have had no issues at all. We use it to air up all our 6 vehicle tires + when swapping to winters and back. Had it for 3 years with a lot of use so far. Connection breaking is not good though. Our seems stuck on really tight.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Viair 400P here as well. One thing no one has said about the different models is some of the specs. That is the big difference in ALL the models regardless of brand. You can absolutely get something cheap off of Amazon and it will work great... for a little bit. But if you are airing up/down regularly at all, it will not last. They are a lot like winches. Duty cycle determines how long it can run and not overheat. Overheat it too much and it gets burnt up and stops working. Airing up 2-3 PSI is nothing, but when you are airing up to 30 from 15 on 4 tires and the air compressor is running for 5, 10, 15 minutes... that won't last unless you get something built to do that. Get something quality. Buy once cry once.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have a Viair and I agree with those recommendations. Mine is 15+ years old.

However if you are as impatient as I am, get a CO2 bottle and never look back. It takes me about 20 seconds to air up a 35.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Simple and cheap since I own a few B&D tools that use the same 20vt battery. I constantly use for bikes and topping of vehicles. It doesn't overheat or smell funny after topping off 9 SUV tires.
B&D compressor

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
If you have Ryobi 18 volt tools, this is amazing. I bought 3 when they were $21 each. I carry the amazing Ryobi impact driver, 12" chainsaw, spotlight, and a few other tools.
Sponsored