PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Life is so unfair. What would you do in this situation?

I ordered my Jeep on 5/17. I have been patiently waiting and following along with my build (via the dealer and Jeep Chat) since the day I placed my order. This morning Jeep Chat told me my Jeep was delivered to the dealer yesterday. After a brief moment of sheer euphoria I realized it's Friday and my sales rep is off today. WTF!?! My wife is telling me to be patient and wait one more day until my sales rep is in. Every bone in my body is telling me to go to the dealer today. What would you do?

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you do? JeepOrder
Sponsored

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
I would go get it. This is business for your sales rep...he won't take it personally.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
In with the others, why would you wait for a car salesman again? I can't figure out why it would matter if he/she was there for delivery. Go get your new Jeep.

OP
OP
PDelena

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
In with the others, why would you wait for a car salesman again? I can't figure out why it would matter if he/she was there for delivery. Go get your new Jeep.
I guess I feel bad because I don't want the rep to lose his commission on the sale. I also don't want to upset anyone at the dealership because my neighbor works there. I'm heavily leaning towards going though.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
you said you ordered, his name is on the POC, commission won't go anywhere. and its your jeep, why wait for someone else. you are just toooooo nice.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I guess I feel bad because I don't want the rep to lose his commission on the sale. I also don't want to upset anyone at the dealership because my neighbor works there. I'm heavily leaning towards going though.
He wont lose the commission over this. Why would anyone at the dealer be "upset" over delivering a new unit to a customer? You are WAY overthinking this. Take the advice of the collective here and go get it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Your Sales guy/gal will get credit for that sale regardless of whether he is there on the day you pick up the vehicle. No, I am not guessing on this....

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My recent experience with picking up a new JL is that the salesperson gives you a basic demonstration of features, syncs your phone up with UConnect, and more or less hands you off to a floorplan employee who handles all the paperwork. You would be doing your salesperson a favor by saving him some time and making somebody else do his work.

If you know JL Jeeps already, this can work to your benefit by getting you out of the dealership faster, since nobody else is getting comped on your buy and they want you out of there.

IT'S FRIDAY...THE WEEKEND BECKONS...PICK IT UP!

PS: I really like your build. Post pics please.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Remember there are other sales people who also take days off, so it's common to cover for one another. He won't loose the commission. Hopefully whoever helps is professional and your experience is great.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Thanks everyone! I just got back from the dealer. It literally just came off the truck. They said it should be ready to go later today.

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you do? MyJ
Looks GREAT! Congrats and enjoy your afternoon drive.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I would wait. Maybe call Monday in case he has a lot of catch up to do tomorrow. Probably bring him a sandwich for lunch Monday and see what day works for him.

:LOL:

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I would wait. Maybe call Monday in case he has a lot of catch up to do tomorrow. Probably bring him a sandwich for lunch Monday and see what day works for him.

:LOL:
^^this

You should wait...maybe a trip to home depot and bed bath and beyond if you have time.

Sponsored