What would you do???

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Current situation.... I am currently deployed with the navy. In the near future I will be coming home from deployment and better yet to retire. I have tried with all my being not to spend all my money on my Rubi while I've been away. Last month I slipped...... I bought her some diff covers. Not a big deal, then the next day..... sliders and a tire carrier. Yikes that money went fast!!!! Here a few weeks later I bought her new wheels. And on to the "what would you do" I am debating one more purchase. Options are 1. Regear to 4.56/ 2. Upgrade to 37s/ 3. metalcloak skid plates/ 4.????? someone help me out here please.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Current situation.... I am currently deployed with the navy. In the near future I will be coming home from deployment and better yet to retire. I have tried with all my being not to spend all my money on my Rubi while I've been away. Last month I slipped...... I bought her some diff covers. Not a big deal, then the next day..... sliders and a tire carrier. Yikes that money went fast!!!! Here a few weeks later I bought her new wheels. And on to the "what would you do" I am debating one more purchase. Options are 1. Regear to 4.56/ 2. Upgrade to 37s/ 3. metalcloak skid plates/ 4.????? someone help me out here please.
I think you're getting close to needing an intervention :CWL:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

Sounds like you are going to get all three sooner or later just bite the bullet and do all three and start enjoying. Although the re-gear cannot be answered as we do not know how your wrangler wold be used. maybe that should wait and see if you even need it as most Rubi owners that go to 37's do not re-gear.

OP
OP

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
to put things into perspective my jeep is currently sitting on a 2.5 RC lift and 35s. And my wife would agree that I have a problem lol.

Sponsored

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
brain storming here, 5 Rubicon wheels with 35s (90% tread left guesstament) $1500-$1800 range seam fair? If I can pay for the new rubber with the take offs I could do 2 of my options lol. also forgot to add to my list that I was debating swapping the spacers out for lift coils, so I guess that would fit into the #4 category.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
All of the above! of course :like:

Welcome home and thank you for your service.
Sponsored