Sponsored

What would you do with a 10k budget on a up?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Go on...if there’s something better for the money, I’m all ears because I’ll start buying them up.

Brett
Yeah I guess it's been a minute since I priced axles. For what the aftermarket is asking I would just build my own. I definitely wouldn't spend $3k just to go from sport axles to rubi axles, not enough of an upgrade for the money.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I guess it's been a minute since I priced axles. For what the aftermarket is asking I would just build my own. I definitely wouldn't spend $3k just to go from sport axles to rubi axles, not enough of an upgrade for the money.
He never mentioned whether he does/doesn’t have the 44 rear.. I get your point though if money is like that screw it and get 60’s lol

Flip888

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cbr1krr, DRZ4-sm, Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business owner.
Unfortunately with my last Jeep, I spent more money making it comparable to a Rubicon than it would have costed to just buy the Rubicon in the first place. Then when I sold it, I got about what a Sport costs for it.

If I had a JL Sport I would get Rubicon take off axles, or Regear/lock my stock axles. I would lift it 2-3" and get a set of 33s. I originally went with 35s but didn't like how they rode and I think 33s are a good compromise between cost and performance.

In reality, I'm just going to buy a Rubicon next time and save the down-time, cost, and effort.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Hookers and blow.[/QUOTE]

We need a HATE button.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
if it was me, i wouldn't go with any of the mopar stuff. i think its over priced and your limited to mopar designs. i would start with the "little" things like headlights / foglights bulbs for the led bulbs. k&n cold air intake or just the filter. then i would look at a pillar mounted 3"x3" aux led lights. rock sliders for a clean look. may go with steps only because the next mod could be a 2" spacer lift and 33" all terrains. but most likely 32" all terrains. new black wheels. (but thats after the stock tires are worn out.) front / rear bumper. tire rack, winch. and skid plates. keep in mind that my jl is the only daily driver i have. Function and practicality is a main factor for me, also i want to keep a clean look and low budget.

OP
OP

h20123

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL sport s 2door, 18 ram 4x4
I like a lot of the ideas so far thanks guys! Oh and yeah should have mentioned this is not a daily driver, for cruising downtown on the weekends, and only put on the highway for a spot to do some wheeling.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m tossing around the idea to build some junk yard tons for mine or start building a tube buggy for the harder trails and not risk the Jeep as much. The Rubi axles have handled the 37s great so far. Going to truss it just for added insurance regardless

Brett

Sponsored

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
I have about half this in AEV Borah wheels, powder coating rings and 35 inch KM3s. Remainder of the $10K basically covers front and rear AEV bumpers when they release and side rockers / steps

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I wouldnt do a 2-3” lift and run 33s. I think it will have a big gap. 33s fit fine with oem rubi suspension. I even wheeled on them with stick sport suspension.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just recently bought a 2 door jl sport s currently stock and thinking what I want. So I pose the question to you guys, what would you do under 10k total? Goal is nothing insane off road but a competent off roaring rig and just a cool looking machine.

I’m thinking something like the mopar lift, 35 inch tires, new fenders and fender liners, new bumpers with winch, some armor, led lights and a light bar. I don’t know what else.
First I'd pay off the debt I already have from what I've done.
Then upgrade the rear axle shafts because we don't have the Dana 44.
Bigger lift
37s
Rear locker

We already have a winch. Winch and lift would be first on any list IMO. Well that is unless you are building a mall crawler then who cares about you and your Jeep anyway... hehehe ;)

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Wheels of choice, 285/70/17 AT tires $2000, Bartact seat covers $650, Front and rear Aluminum Bumpers and a winch $2000
Quick disco sway bar links $100
2" lift ( not MOPAR) preferably one with Adjustable trackbar and LCAs lets say $2000(that is high, but includes installation if your not installing)

Did you get rear LSD upgrade?

This leaves you with a bad ass capable jeep that won't break and will look great, will drive on and off road very well.
Bonus, you have $3000 left over for any possible issues, or camping/fishing/hunting gear

Or you can do 3.5" lift on 35s, spend all your money and not have any left when you eventually break an axle.

Choice is yours...choose wisely

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
Try to find someone with a Rubicon JL who have changed their axles and want to sell the original 411s. This will help beef up that Sport S suspension at a reasonable price.
Sponsored