MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
That's right, ten miles is about the max, my 2016 Rubicon had 4 miles on it when I got it. When you get over 15 miles or so it was used for test drives. I prefer to order a new vehicle to avoid that, and get exactly what I want. I also ask the sales manager to write on the order to do the PDI, but skip the detailing. If I'm going to get swirls and scratches on a new vehicle I don't need the dealer's lot boy/detailer doing it for me before I even drive the vehicle home.
Yeah my fault for saying okay to some ceramic coating they threw in. DC said they had to drive it back and forth to the detail shop, they also put on my hood decal and tints so I figured 30 was acceptable. Based on the mpg average when I sat in it looked like she had a semi heavy pedal on those shop visits thought haha. Oh well nothing I can change about how she was brought into this world at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Beautiful Jeep, the many shades of Sting-Grey.
Thanks man, yeah all this BS and my ignorance aside I am finding excuses constantly to drive it. Wild how much the color changes depending on lighting. Couldn’t be happier with all my choices.

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
You are in AZ, grab some half doors and enjoy the weather. You can have half doors installed year round ..Just install the toppers in DEC to February

OP
OP
MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You are in AZ, grab some half doors and enjoy the weather. You can have half doors installed year round ..Just install the toppers in DEC to February
Yeah can’t wait for some HDs. I missed the boat on factory, you have any recs for aftermarket? Mopar tube doors seem legit.

minor problem being 110° right now - I don’t mind but the fam and 5 yr old do so I will probably hold off until fall time to try em out

Sponsored

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yeah can’t wait for some HDs. I missed the boat on factory, you have any recs for aftermarket? Mopar tube doors seem legit.

minor problem being 110° right now - I don’t mind but the fam and 5 yr old do so I will probably hold off until fall time to try em out
you just install the toppers if it's unbearable hot..it seals well
keep an eye on FB group to get a set. You want a 392 order to get al the option. you'll need to rekey but that's a $40 and a 5 min youtube video to do it yourself

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Geez. We still have to see even 70Âş here in the Pacific Northwest!

Spring sure is taking its sweet time this year...
I Know Aldo, rub it in..OUCH..LOL. Here in Cave Creek, we are currently setting on 112°, which is about 3° less than Phoenix, because of our elevation. Our night time temps run about 10° less than Phoenix. We see these temps every Summer, but the current humidity is at 1%, which really does help some. This year the high temps have moved in sooner in the year, than later. We have resided in the Phoenix area for about 48 years. Back in 1990, we experienced the hottest temp ever recorded in Phoenix, 122° I remember it, like it was yesterday. But we do have a cabin up on the Rim, so we can get a reprieve from the heat when needed. I hope that everything is O.K., with you and your Family.

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
I Know Aldo, rub it in..OUCH..LOL. Here in Cave Creek, we are currently setting on 112°, which is about 3° less than Phoenix, because of our elevation. Our night time temps run about 10° less than Phoenix. We see these temps every Summer, but the current humidity is at 1%, which really does help some. This year the high temps have moved in sooner in the year, than later. We have resided in the Phoenix area for about 48 years. Back in 1990, we experienced the hottest temp ever recorded in Phoenix, 122° I remember it, like it was yesterday. But we do have a cabin up on the Rim, so we can get a reprieve from the heat when needed. I hope that everything is O.K., with you and your Family.
Hey Bill- That's about 1 degree cooler than hell. LOL

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Hey Frank,

That was a day that I will never forget. They actually shut down the Airport, because they had no data on plane capability over 120°, take off and landing. On the way home from work, the freeway looked like a parking lot on the sides of the highway, with vehicles overheating.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
You desert guys are hilarious... but also lucky... Here in the midwest that's the norm.

OP - maybe you should have purchased from a Southwest dealer. Anything in the midwest, rust belt, northeast, that sits in a lot for any amount of time will look like that.
so true.. looks like from a normal winter weekend in New England

Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
It’s funny to watch non-Jeep people who have no clue about this stuff argue about light surface rust under a vehicle. Those are machine surfaces for a reason with slight surface rust. Very common on most new cars. It’s nothing to worry about. The dealer will laugh at you. If it bothers you that much sell it and buy a car. It’ll be the same underneath but you won’t be able to see it. Again this is non-Jeep people buying a Jeep and complaining. Same people , it rides rough, it doesn’t get as good gas mileage as my BMW car. I wouldn’t buy a jeep without leather. I need more nanny features blah blah blah
Says the guy who lives in Southern California where cars from the 90’s look new underneath with minimum care. Unless you live close to ocean. With useless snark thrown in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTSSD
Most of what you posted is “normal” for a wrangler. Some don’t have any surface rust on bare parts, some have a lot: I’ve seen new JKs delivered much worse than this. That being said, the rust that’s starting to bubble on your frame pic is unacceptable to me. Yes, you can address it now but it’s obviously been exposed to something corrosive. If you plan to keep it a long time, I’d raise a stink about it and at the very least ask them to upgrade you to the maxcare 8/125k to cover any corrosion related issues, such as electrical connections and seized components. It sucks this happened on an $80k wrangler but afterall, they build the $80k variants right next to the $30k models

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Rust you say!?
FA10103E-28CF-4094-B723-FF92571247B4.jpeg

In all seriousness, some of your steering components and such are to be expected. The frame rust is frustrating and shows that some areas were not coated properly with paint. Do some light sanding and then paint and you’ll be just fine.
Jeeps love rust! :like:
Thats just patina on yours - very cool Jeep for sure!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
thanks!! This is reassuring and shit yes this hemi is a blast so most of driving is pure excitement lol
I recently got a 22 Challenger with the 392 and it leaves you with a smile on your face no doubt! I imagine in the Wrangler it can also get scary quick!
Sponsored