Regear or back to stock

• Total voters

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
If you already own the Nittos then ok, otherwise take a look at BFG (BF Goodrich) K02 315's. These are exactly the same as the factory tires but in a slightly larger size. All-Terrain, better ride for longer life than those Nittos. And as a former Nitto guy I can tell you that I don't think the K02's look one bit wimpy.

Advertisement

islandtees

First Name
gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I really don’t know which way to go. They tell me I won’t notice much improvement with 4.56
But I’m afraid of revving too high on highway with 4.88.
I see from postings others have this conundrum.
4.56 is not worth the change. Stay with the 4.10

OP
OP
LLRubylady

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
If you already own the Nittos then ok, otherwise take a look at BFG (BF Goodrich) K02 315's. These are exactly the same as the factory tires but in a slightly larger size. All-Terrain, better ride for longer life than those Nittos. And as a former Nitto guy I can tell you that I don't think the K02's look o
If you already own the Nittos then ok, otherwise take a look at BFG (BF Goodrich) K02 315's. These are exactly the same as the factory tires but in a slightly larger size. All-Terrain, better ride for longer life than those Nittos. And as a former Nitto guy I can tell you that I don't think the K02's look one bit wimpy.
i have the Nittos sitting in my garage. I drive a few weeks on them and took them off a few days ago.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok there have been enough opinions — at some point you just gotta go.

4.56 has been reported to return a Jeep with slightly larger tires back to a “stock feel”. I’ve got the money so it’s worth it to me. It’s also a conservative choice that at worst won’t provide much benefit without any downside.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I did get the 4.56 and I am extremely happy. 4th gear has some power again, as well as 5th a little bit.

4th is important because I cruise along at 40 and then want to get to 50 when traffic allows - after the regear I don’t have to downshift to 3rd to get a move on!

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement