2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I was thinking it was just me. The brakes could use a lil tweaking.
I read they're the same brakes on the standard Rubicon. They weren't great there (I had an 18 JLUR) and the 392 is a few hundred pounds heavier.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
  1. Larger or auxiliary fuel tank. I have a heavy foot and dipping below 10MPG hurts on long trips. My number one issue.
  2. Better brakes. When I first got it, I thought they were adequate. After 4 months of ownership, I can say it does take time and distance to come to a complete stop.
  3. I would say seats but this is true across all wranglers. At least a priemum seat option like those quilted Napa leather options in the new Cherokee would be nice at this price range.
  4. At the end of the day, it’s a jeep. I accept some of the quirks and still love driving it each time.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Waiting on mine, but this is from my hours and hours of research. Seems a lot of the issues are mostly cosmetic.

1) Better interior choices. Interior is a little plain. I would have liked more seat material options and colors. The red interior of the concept model really stood out.

2) Better brakes. Jeep SRT comes with Brembos.

3) 37in tire option from factory.

4) Better exhaust placement or tips.

5) I like the bronze but disappointed that the XR wheels don't really match the bronze color accents.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
aesthetics wise... I don't like painted hardtops and flairs. I know these are easily replaced, but annoyed that I can get it from the factory with regular black top and flairs.
The fact you have to have the painted top, fenders, and leather seats are the only reasons I haven't looked at a 392. I don't want those things and I'd rather not spend additional time, effort, and money to replace them.

Likewise, I'm surprised Jeep didn't put some kind of effort into better brakes and steering for the 392. These things were included with any other FCA product that included this powertrain.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Its a hemi Jeep we have begged for years. Its also one of if not the nicest factory Jeeps ever built. If I had to nitpick I could find things that I would change, but honestly I would change many of the same things on any wrangler not just the 392. I just did a four wheel burnout on the way home from dunkin donuts with my 13 yo cheering me on. This Jeep is a blast!!!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Its a hemi Jeep we have begged for years. Its also one of if not the nicest factory Jeeps ever built. If I had to nitpick I could find things that I would change, but honestly I would change many of the same things on any wrangler not just the 392. I just did a four wheel burnout on the way home from dunkin donuts with my 13 yo cheering me on. This Jeep is a blast!!!
Agreed! It’s tough owning two wranglers though. I’m kind of hankering for a third vehicle that solves some of the immediate issues with Jeeps in general.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Agreed! It’s tough owning two wranglers though. I’m kind of hankering for a third vehicle that solves some of the immediate issues with Jeeps in general.
I’ve said it for years, no way I could DD a wrangler. I think that’s why I don’t critique the Jeep.