Sponsored

What would you change on the 392??

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I used to love G Wagons back in the day before most people even knew what they were.... unfortunately, they have been so perverted and kardashianized that I wouldn't be caught dead in one now.
Pretty much this. They also drive like a pile of dog shit, older ones significantly worse than the modern day Wrangler, at least from my experience.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Yall stop. You're killing me here.
Im so close to making a very inappropriate size matters comment but ya know... the "mods" on here have so many issues with me as it is.
Oh heck.
Yes I want it bigger!
If anyone around here could get away with a little "Racy Innuendo" , it would be you.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I bet few people even know what it is if they seen one, just another Wrangler to most.

I couldn't afford one but still admire them. I have only seen one though. There may be more around here but with the number of wranglers probably wouldn't notice until close up since people build all kinds of beefy Wranglers. The hood scoop of course gives it away.

If I did buy one it would not be for impressing but for that impressive power. I will survive, I suppose, with my diesel if it ever gets built!
Yeah, there are so many Jeeps around here, people don't really care.

As you said, almost no one even know what a 392 is. Most people I know just say wow, that’s a loud Jeep you have hahaha. I think the person you’re replying to is sour.
When I've got my Challenger out at the gas station, I'll get people asking me if it "has a Hemi" despite the 392 badge on the side staring them in the face. I don't think they really know what a Hemi is, either.

That's kind of the unfortunate downside of a vehicle offering a bazillion powertrains; there's little distinction on the outside from the $30k version versus the $50-$80k version.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
If the 392 model offered a Street Performance Option/Model, I’d be all in!

Jeep/Stellantis: Pls offer bigger/better brakes, reduce ride height to stock Sahara level, refine/offer performance suspension, offer better sport seats, offer on-Road performance tires/wheels pkg, and increase top speed to say - 130 mph, and it would sell like hot cakes.

I love the Jeep brand, love the lifestyle, so offer a hot Wrangler for those of us who want their Wrangler to be able to keep up with a MB AMG G63!

Cheers all/B

Deleted member 59498

If they put the 392 in a Sport S with steel wheels and all the other stuff I would be all over it.

It could be like one of the old sleeper muscle cars.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
If the 392 model offered a Street Performance Option/Model, I’d be all in!

Jeep/Stellantis: Pls offer bigger/better brakes, reduce ride height to stock Sahara level, refine/offer performance suspension, offer better sport seats, offer on-Road performance tires/wheels pkg, and increase top speed to say - 130 mph, and it would sell like hot cakes.

I love the Jeep brand, love the lifestyle, so offer a hot Wrangler for those of us who want their Wrangler to be able to keep up with a MB AMG G63!

Cheers all/B
At least to 60, it will keep up with XR pack. Only a tenth of a second separates the two.

Brakes are an entirely different story.

Last edited:

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Put the 392 into a Willys, so I can afford it!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yeah, there are so many Jeeps around here, people don't really care.

When I've got my Challenger out at the gas station, I'll get people asking me if it "has a Hemi" despite the 392 badge on the side staring them in the face. I don't think they really know what a Hemi is, either.

That's kind of the unfortunate downside of a vehicle offering a bazillion powertrains; there's little distinction on the outside from the $30k version versus the $50-$80k version.
That’s what sells a lot of $30K versions!

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
The price and less options to get it in the 55-60K price range. I'll take a base Wrangler with the 392 please for 55K.

Sponsored

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
The price and less options to get it in the 55-60K price range. I'll take a base Wrangler with the 392 please for 55K.
No, no, no. Took me a long time to talk myself out of ordering a 392, but I did. Not sure i could if they did this.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Bigger fuel tank for more range. Also add cooled seats. Things like 80k. Gimmie some freaking cooled seats please.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Dana 60s to accommodate the torque and HP. Quality suspension that accommodates 37s right off the line. That's about it.

All the rest I'd do is just window dressing, or not available until aftermarket anyway.

easter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
gas tank is the huge one for me. will there likely be an aftermarket one?