Sponsored

What would you buy if jeep didn't exist.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have never been a "car guy". As a bush walker I have never been a "Jeep Guy".

But I love my Wrangler! Was out yesterday in the Wattagans and had a great time!
Well I have no idea what or where Wattagons is so can you help out a retired guy that like photos and post some? I need to know what Wattagon is.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Toyota TRD or maybe the Bronco.

and when it comes time to sell my Jeep in a decade, that’s what I might buy.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned a prado and ranger before the wrangler. Both good vehicles for heading out camping or 4wd’ing. Neither really have the feeling of the wrangler though.
seeing as you’re really good at waiting I’d say hang out for the new defender and look at that. You won’t get out of the base model for $85k but it’s that or a raptor I think.

last I looked Brighton Jeep have a rubicon in the showroom. Not sure on the specs.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Well I have no idea what or where Wattagons

The Wattagans are a mountain range in N.S.W. I went out on Thursday with an experienced Jeep driver and he was kind enough to show me the ropes.

I have a 2 Door Sport S JL. Reviewers say that the Jeep is capable right out of the factory. I always thought that was a reference to Rubicons. My Jeep performed magnificently! It was miraculous!

Photos attached

Wat2.jpg

Wat1.jpg

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
So after nearly 8 months 4 promised delivery dates(3 this month alone) and a manager who has a problem with telling the truth I am looking at buying something else. Wondering what other cars you guys considered before buying the Jeep? Budget of 85K.
Cheers
Sorry to hear about you're length delay. For what it's worth, I put an order on my JLU Rubicon in Feb 15th 2019, with estimated delivery on June, then Sept, then , Oct, then Dec and then Jan, I finally picked up my vehicle Feb 8th, 2020... The wait was worth it. I couldn't be happier with my vehicle. I made it that far, I may as well have kept waiting.

Having said all that, I would of opt'd of an older land rover defender 4D diesel in manual.

All the best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I am coming from the Prince of darkness, been a landy man for nearly 30 years and I really wanted to stay with live axles and wanted new car. The new defender I think is not true to it badge they have gone soft. The new grendier looks good but how long till it is released who knows. Tacoma is over 100k same with 200 series, patrol petrol only, just really limited here in Australia for range to choose from. Ranger or Everest another choice but over priced for what you get I believe.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
So after nearly 8 months 4 promised delivery dates(3 this month alone) and a manager who has a problem with telling the truth I am looking at buying something else. Wondering what other cars you guys considered before buying the Jeep? Budget of 85K.
Cheers
I’d import a Suzuki Jimny and wheel the hell out of it!!!

1F8F4C8C-735D-4A91-BC95-35BAEB8C29B7.jpeg

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Toyota Land Cruiser 200, for a hardtop. Hold out for a Bronco for the softtop?

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’d buy another air cooled Porsche. Can‘t have too many of those.

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you buy if jeep didn't exist. 7BF47C0C-101D-4342-9DCD-A64F97EC065F

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you buy if jeep didn't exist. F8D95100-EB09-4D56-BE16-FD1929888B97

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Well if not a JLUR, I would probably have to settle on this until I could get what I wanted

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you buy if jeep didn't exist. 1592907305210

If I compromised on something similar to the JLUR that I wanted it, I would just end up pissed off ever time I drove it.
They really nailed the red on the C8, I agree on that alternate choice.:like:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

if i didnt get the jeep i was going to get a power wagon. or a 4x4 silverado. only reason i didnt get a new silverado and went to a jeep was solid axles. i refuse to get anything for 4 wheeling with IFS. dont trust it for the life of myself
Sponsored