Sponsored

What would you buy if jeep didn't exist.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
So after nearly 8 months 4 promised delivery dates(3 this month alone) and a manager who has a problem with telling the truth I am looking at buying something else. Wondering what other cars you guys considered before buying the Jeep? Budget of 85K.
Cheers
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am a bush walker. My last car was a 2004 Ford Escape. All that I wanted, was another with some mod cons. The Nissan XTrail, or Mitsubishi Outlander, should have been my next car. However they both have lots of weaknesses.

So, I settled on the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk before choosing th es Wrangler. So that is your othe rd choice.

HerJeep

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2-door Hellayella Willys (on order)
Toyota 4Runner
Toyota Tacoma 4-door
Jeep Grand Cherokee

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Pre-owned Wrangler from another agency!
Problem here in Australia there is very limited stock of Desiel rubicons and all the dealers in the south east subs of Melbourne are useless. Even had one tell my wife the colding in the GC seats was a fart extractor like the professionalism is of high standards.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well if not a JLUR, I would probably have to settle on this until I could get what I wanted

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you buy if jeep didn't exist. 1591893077139

If I compromised on something similar to the JLUR that I wanted it, I would just end up pissed off ever time I drove it.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
A 1992 Honda Civic which I could pick up for $500. I’d use the rest of the money to get out of California.
Great, you made me look where your from in California and now I want a curry dish from Rice by Mama.

erick73

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Toyota 4Runner
If money is no object, Range Rover sport

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Tacoma, if you can stand the seats. 4 runner with same disclaimer. I'm in a Jeep because Toyota's have such horrible seats (to me at least, seat comfort is 100% subjective to the ass in it).

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after nearly 8 months .................
8 months is agonising! Mine was 5 months from order to delivery. But it was 10 months from decision to delivery.

Jeep does short runs of Right Hand Drive Wranglers and then there is Covid 19 so that would account for the delay. My dealer could tell me which ship it was on and tracked the ship across the ocean.

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
8 months is agonising! Mine was 5 months from order to delivery. But it was 10 months from decision to delivery.

Jeep does short runs of Right Hand Drive Wranglers and then there is Covid 19 so that would account for the delay. My dealer could tell me which ship it was on and tracked the ship across the ocean.
Joe it is the 4 delivery dates and the manager lying about the first one to jeep Australia it was on time they just wanted $1700 For the extra options I didn't order, Covid never caused a delay with the second car arrived on time from USA but can't be delivered atm(on to car 3 now). They just can't seem to be able to deliver a car at all. 22 days to get a car from Sydney to Melbourne must be going via Perth. Just over the lies from the dealership..

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
So after nearly 8 months 4 promised delivery dates(3 this month alone) and a manager who has a problem with telling the truth I am looking at buying something else. Wondering what other cars you guys considered before buying the Jeep? Budget of 85K.
Cheers
I can feel your pain. I waited for 9 months...with the dealership folding with my deposit. Got FCA involved and another 3 months wait before I got mine.

even after all these drama, I would mot have it any other way. There's no alternative to Wrangler (at that price range)

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never been a "car guy". As a bush walker I have never been a "Jeep Guy".

But I love my Wrangler! Was out yesterday in the Wattagans and had a great time!
Sponsored