Status
Not open for further replies.
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The Bronco isn't what you guys are expecting...Expect to be very, very surprised. Some of the trims are unbelievably capable looking
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Ford will produce a Blazerized Bronco similiar to the new Blazer, you watch LOL
So only way to sell will be big bag of cash on the hood . but they can offer a special white OJ edition, maybe have OJ's signature on some dash plaques, that will real em in.

2019-chevrolet-blazer-rs-red-front-quarter-driving.jpg
Nope, I've seen it and they basically did what they did with the new mustang vs the old mustang with the new bronco.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I think it will be crap honestly. I wouldn't move to the bronco. MY JL has everything I could ever need. I'd rather do a engine swap on my already purchased JL than to move to a FORD vehicle.

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Nope, I've seen it and they basically did what they did with the new mustang vs the old mustang with the new bronco.
Sigh. ok. I'll bite. When and where did you see the new Bronco?

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ford will produce a Blazerized Bronco similiar to the new Blazer, you watch LOL
So only way to sell will be big bag of cash on the hood . but they can offer a special white OJ edition, maybe have OJ's signature on some dash plaques, that will real em in.

2019-chevrolet-blazer-rs-red-front-quarter-driving.jpg
The baby Bronco will be the direct competitor of the Blazer, which is going to sell like hotcakes. It will be the cash-cow model that will allow them to make a true off-road Big Bronco that will be a direct competitor to the JL. The Bronco will have more HP/Torque than the JL and a comparable interior (though I'm still predicting IFS, which works for 90% of buyers). It will lack the aftermarket support, so they will offer more factory options, though perhaps as packages that are more comprehensive than the Jeep's, but also might require the buyer to pay for items they wouldn't otherwise buy.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The Bronco isn't what you guys are expecting...Expect to be very, very surprised. Some of the trims are unbelievably capable looking
Key word is capable “looking” not capable. Women think the range rovers totally capable looking , Rich executives think the new Land Cruiser is totally capable looking. The New bronco is going to be exactly like the original Explorer. Built off the Ranger platform with IFS and four-door but with a removable top nothing more. I’m sure we’ll have some impressive stickers and capable looking fancy electronics , some silver shocks . oh it’ll look the part for sure. But if you turn it upside down it’ll look like every other cookie-cutter mall cruiser SUV.

Last edited:

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Sigh. ok. I'll bite. When and where did you see the new Bronco?
A few months ago. I got called and asked to participate in a Marketing study. It was to get reactions and feedback about a "newly designed SUV". It was done over three separate visits, paying $150 each day. We showed up, they took our phones, given a clipboard and sent into a large industrial/warehouse like building. Inside were two rows of large LCD displays. One side was was photos of the exteriors of vehicles, the other side were interior photos. There was also a vehicle under a cover in the center. Each display was a different vehicle, with various views playing as a slide show. Some of them were current SUV models (WK2, JL, 4Runner, etc) all debadged with no identifying brand marks. Among those were also some rendered vehicles, that were similar to eachother but had different grills, fender cutout shapes, window edges, etc. We were asked to rate each design (even current ones) in a serious of categories (style, aggressiveness, sportiness, ruggedness, etc). Basically they would hand you a clipboard with survey questions and you would fill it out for each and every vehicle represented, return to a desk and they would replace the papers on the clipboard with the next serious of questions. It went on for about 2-3 hours each day and then a 3rd day was a panel discussion. We were never told what the vehicle was or even who the manufacturer was but for those into Jeeps/4x4's it was fairly apparent that it was the new bronco. In one case the headlights were just slightly reshaped Raptor lights. Flared fenders on most. One even had the 3 grill lights from the Raptor. There were also two versions a 2 door and 4 door. Likely only one of them would go to production, but they clearly were trying to decide.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
A few months ago. I got called and asked to participate in a Marketing study. It was to get reactions and feedback about a "newly designed SUV". It was done over three separate visits, paying $150 each day. We showed up, they took our phones, given a clipboard and sent into a large industrial/warehouse like building. Inside were two rows of large LCD displays. One side was was photos of the exteriors of vehicles, the other side were interior photos. There was also a vehicle under a cover in the center. Each display was a different vehicle, with various views playing as a slide show. Some of them were current SUV models (WK2, JL, 4Runner, etc) all debadged with no identifying brand marks. Among those were also some rendered vehicles, that were similar to eachother but had different grills, fender cutout shapes, window edges, etc. We were asked to rate each design (even current ones) in a serious of categories (style, aggressiveness, sportiness, ruggedness, etc). Basically they would hand you a clipboard with survey questions and you would fill it out for each and every vehicle represented, return to a desk and they would replace the papers on the clipboard with the next serious of questions. It went on for about 2-3 hours each day and then a 3rd day was a panel discussion. We were never told what the vehicle was or even who the manufacturer was but for those into Jeeps/4x4's it was fairly apparent that it was the new bronco. In one case the headlights were just slightly reshaped Raptor lights. Flared fenders on most. One even had the 3 grill lights from the Raptor. There were also two versions a 2 door and 4 door. Likely only one of them would go to production, but they clearly were trying to decide.
Did you have to sign a nondisclosure? If not, then I want more deets.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
body over frame
2 doors
roll bar
removable roof and doors
solid axles

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Leather Capitans chairs, full center console with shifter on the console and an engine whose valves don't tick.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
I'm not a brand loyalist with anything. I love the new Wrangler but decided to wait to see what the Bronco looks like. It's funny to me when people who own Chrysler products talk about Fords or any other automaker as junk. I mean, you cant make that stuff up.
As long as it looks good retro I'm interested. Not a hardcore off roader and top off/doors off mean nothing to me. Just make it look cool. If it doesn't, I'll get a wrangler, assuming FCA has all the bugs fixed by then, if they haven't already.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.