Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Come again?
Never mind... it was a play off of how you are on multiple forums saying the same thing and then you said the same thing to tow different guys on this forum. It was an attempt to be witty.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This was prompted by a post on another thread but I didn't want to send it on a tangent.

The poster said they would consider leaving the Wrangler for the Bronco if it was "done right". I am curious what that would mean.

I don't generally like Ford's recent design language but I do like their powertrains. I would at least look at a Bronco with retro styling, soft top, and manual and compare it to my Jeep. Otherwise I would have no interest. I'm sure others would be more focused on off-road characteristics or other features. Thoughts?
It can't. It just isn't a Jeep and no matter how cool it looks, it won't look like a Jeep, so there's really nothing they could do except price a bare bones 4x4 model at about 18k new. Then might bite, Lol!

I'm with you in that I like their powertrains, but my 15 Transit has had 3 major safety recalls including seatbelts that wouldn't latch and a piss poor drive shaft coupling that they replace every 40k until they come up with a permanent fix, which they have not done yet. While it is very comfortable, the interior bits fall off and break easily. The electrical system (doors, lights, chimes) is total crap. The sliding door has had to be fixed several times, too. Mechanically, though, it has been fine. I've never had these kinds of issues in any of the Jeeps I've owned.

The Sync is the worst interface for phone tech ever. Even on its worst day, the Uconnect in my JL is 10x better.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Ecoboost engine, Ford 8.8 in the rear, either 8.8 live axle front or some sort of robust IFS, and some simple and utilitarian styling.

If they really want my money put a Coyote engine in it as an option.

Ford Quality is way better then FCA, and if they do a good job the aftermarket will jump on it.
i'd go with the 9" rear and d44 front.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If Ford made Bronco Raptor.....

If the Bronco is a big two door or has some kind of third door, maybe make a 4 door version, removable roof.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Ford makes good cars. If it has a 60’s or 70’s look and comes in a 2 door soft top I’ll be trying to figure out how I can trade in my JL.
I really love my Jeep so I take back what I said. I’m secretly hoping the new bronco will be ugly.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I have low expectations. I really don’t see them doing much more than what Chevy did to the iconic Blazer. Chevy neutered it, releasing it as just another soccer mom suv. If Ford gives the Bronco some real off-road capability with some level of thought for the aftermarket to take it up a notch or two it might have shot from the manly wheeling community. If it’s just another suv, I won’t give it a second thought.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
They did. Ford made Jeeps during WWII.
They used the Willys patented design. They didn't design it. They simply made clones. We needed so many, one manufacturer would never had been able to supply the amount of "jeeps" the military needed.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
If it performs like a mountain goat and there is pride in workmanship and quality control is taken seriously I would be in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.