Sponsored

What would be a great price for this Jeep?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
You could always use my favorite tactic….
Get a bunch of friends together and have them separately go in and take turns test driving the Jeep as a potential buyer. Each person should bring the Jeep back muddier than than a pig in slop. Then, after the dealer has had to clean and detail it 3+ times and put it back on the lot, you can roll in with your offer, and they will happily take it just to get rid of it!

Then take all your friends out for some beers in your new Jeep! :LOL: Works every time!
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Here's his best offer; $49,500 and I pay tax and reg. ... He doesn't know I don't need this vehicle...
I wouldn't pay more than 6% under MSRP. I bought a 2022 2D Rubicon with a sticker of $45,280 for $39.8k, so about 10% off sticker. Now, you have sales tax and I don't (in Oregon) so that's a different thing, but if you got it for 6% off sticker, it'd be the same-ish as MSRP out the door. If it's easier for them though, I'd say $45k, plus tax, lic/doc fee, etc., as long as it didn't come to more than MSRP out the door.

fjrrider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUS
Here's his best offer; $49,500 and I pay tax and reg. after talking to the "sales manager" two/three times. He says he's on my side, but the dealership wont let it go for less. LOL. He doesn't know I don't need this vehicle. I told him to call or text me later in the week if the "dealership" wants to sell it. I'm sure some idiot looking to buy will pay MSRP otherwise why would their response be when asked "how much?" be MSRP?
A decent deal would be $49,500 out the door.
Invoice is $47,982. 4% under invoice would be about $46K + about $3100 tax + about $400 reg and other fees.
If you order it now, you're gonna wait for it and, depending on which dealer you go through, they may or may not honor current pricing.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I was picking up a part at the parts counter and the wife was looking around the showroom this weekend. They had this 2022 2 door.

1647888909083.png

Monroney attached.

They're wanting MSRP. I told them I can order one and pick up at Koons for way under MSRP. They said they'll match. I was just bluffing, (LOL) but what would be a great (reasonable)price for this Jeep?
Stranger things have happened in our relationship than me trying to get the wifey out of her BMW. LOL
Thanks in advance.
I am getting my Sahara for 2% under invoice. If I wanted to travel to pick it up, I could have gotten 4 - 6%. Dealers all over the country are below invoice. Search for recommended dealer list.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
You could always use my favorite tactic….
Get a bunch of friends together and have them separately go in and take turns test driving the Jeep as a potential buyer. Each person should bring the Jeep back muddier than than a pig in slop. Then, after the dealer has had to clean and detail it 3+ times and put it back on the lot, you can roll in with your offer, and they will happily take it just to get rid of it!

Then take all your friends out for some beers in your new Jeep! :LOL: Works every time!
That's if I had friends......LOL

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I negotiated $45,500 on a $51,500 MSRP 2 door JLR similarly equipped with no special tread lightly discounts or whatever back in November/December 2019 at a dealer in Phoenix AZ area. They had the Jeep on the lot already. Dealer did have some take it or leave it $899 doc fee which was a bummer but other than that it was a good experience. I'm sure I could have done a little better by ordering at one of the forum preferred spots but I found that to be a fair deal for a found on the lot rig. Just beware ahead of time the doc fees and whatever else they might try and tack on to make some margin back.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Here's his best offer; $49,500 and I pay tax and reg. after talking to the "sales manager" two/three times. He says he's on my side, but the dealership wont let it go for less. LOL. He doesn't know I don't need this vehicle. I told him to call or text me later in the week if the "dealership" wants to sell it. I'm sure some idiot looking to buy will pay MSRP otherwise why would their response be when asked "how much?" be MSRP?
I think 45k would be a great deal, but if it's the Jeep you want 49 is not terrible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
No call backs. I will drive by this weekend and see if its still on the lot. LOL

IntrepidXJ

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventr.co
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
GIS Tech
I negotiated $45,500 on a $51,500 MSRP 2 door JLR similarly equipped with no special tread lightly discounts or whatever back in November/December 2019 at a dealer in Phoenix AZ area. They had the Jeep on the lot already. Dealer did have some take it or leave it $899 doc fee which was a bummer but other than that it was a good experience. I'm sure I could have done a little better by ordering at one of the forum preferred spots but I found that to be a fair deal for a found on the lot rig. Just beware ahead of time the doc fees and whatever else they might try and tack on to make some margin back.

It's a completely different world out there now than it was in 2019, though...

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep was in the garage bay getting detailed. One of two things may have happened, some one bought it or one of @TheBirdie72 's NJ friends took it out for a test drive.

C'est la vie. We didn't need it anyway.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
It's a completely different world out there now than it was in 2019, though...
Not in NJ! Jeep dealers have always been this way. Military first responder is it. They like to lure you in with a sale at the FR price. I've read the fine print so I knew it going in. But they wont budge off MSRP... not even meet in the middle.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
No dealer has to negotiate these days. They don’t need to sell it on you, you need to sell yourself on them. That’s the only way to get a deal on a unkt sitting in dealer inventory right now.
Sponsored