Sponsored

What wording did you use to get a successful price from a local dealer?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, but I found a great deal back in October. Ordered from Peterson's in Idaho.
No worries. I'm sure some dealers have gotten more aggressive as there's more sitting on lots, etc, now. I almost went to Idaho or Vegas until I got a dealer here to match (was actually ~1% lower than Vegas). I was trying to avoid Idaho as it's a pretty far drive -- 9 hours to Sacramento is still doable though. It would have been 15 hours for me.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Hey There.

Is that Tri-City in Eden NC?

I saw that they offer 6% below Invoice on this site.

I live in Wilmington and am going to try to get the local dealer here to do the same, but if they won't I'm prepared to travel.

Thanks..
Yep, that's the one. Travis is great to work with. No surprises. Provided updates whenever I requested them and would certainly buy from them again.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I flat out told him I didn't need to buy a vehicle so I better get the deal I want or I walk and you get no sale.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When I discovered on this site that dealer were selling at %6 under invoice. I started with the local dealers. One got within 900 dollars, but tried to bullshit me. I had to explain to him that there is this thing called the internet and his numbers were shit. 900 dollars is still 900 dollars. I did a google search of Jeep dealers in Michigan and started calling the sales managers. This is what I said.

"I want to order a JL Rubicon Unlimited. I have excellent credit, I have a big down payment, and will finance through the dealership as long as you can beat the rates that I can find. I have already bought 6 grand worth of upgrades for a Rubicon. I am going to buy. If you can do %6 under invoice I will drive there order the Rubicon and give you a down payment." I would get some small talk and would tell them. There are other dealerships in the nation that do this. Either you can or you can't. Let me know." I just kept calling until one said, yes, I can do that. I drove down and ordered the JLUR the next morning. I ended up traveling 70 miles from my home to purchase. The best vehicle purchase experience ever. When I ordered the JLUR. I was at the dealership 15 minutes. It took longer to get a receipt for the downpayment than it did to order it.

When the JLUR came in, I drove down, gave them the rest of the down payment, Signed the paper work and was gone within an hour. The dealership actually got me financing cheaper than I was able to get it. So it was a win win all the way around.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I got lucky. Dealership 10min from my house does 6% under invoice as long as you ask, 5% was their first offer. Give credit to this site though since thats how i heard about them.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I'm of the thought that I'd rather have a good relationship with a local dealer. If that means paying not the absolute bottom price it's probably worth it in the long run. For example my local dealers usually provide loaners for service "if you bought the car there". In general when it comes to service it's not right but seems you have a touch more leverage as well when it comes to gray area good will stuff. My point is that I'd use the overall discount levels that are available for a guide on what you "should" be paying. If I could get the local to within a $1000, the after sale convenience of the dealer relationship would far outweigh the savings of road tripping for the absolute bottom dollar. I guess I'd take 4 under invoice local rather than striving for 5 or 6 going the distance. I'm starting to see dealers advertised "e price" under invoice as it is without even inquiring about the best price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm of the thought that I'd rather have a good relationship with a local dealer. If that means paying not the absolute bottom price it's probably worth it in the long run. For example my local dealers usually provide loaners for service "if you bought the car there". In general when it comes to service it's not right but seems you have a touch more leverage as well when it comes to gray area good will stuff. My point is that I'd use the overall discount levels that are available for a guide on what you "should" be paying. If I could get the local to within a $1000, the after sale convenience of the dealer relationship would far outweigh the savings of road tripping for the absolute bottom dollar. I guess I'd take 4 under invoice local rather than striving for 5 or 6 going the distance. I'm starting to see dealers advertised "e price" under invoice as it is without even inquiring about the best price.
I fully agree! Unless you have solely crap dealers near you. Then indy all the way for service.

There's a dealer on this site advertising 8% under invoice (they're in VA). Not sure if there are other fees though. Very happy with the dealer I went with for 6% under and stayed local (20 minutes from my house).

ColumbusMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Grand Wagoneer, 1968 Jeepster Commando, 1983 Eagle Station Wagon, 2019 JLU
My wrangler was just delivered (2019 Mojito Sahara). I tried to buy a Jeep off the lot at two Columbus Ohio dealers that had no interest in selling a jeep at 5% below invoice. I finally connected with Byers Jeep and they were happy to take my order for a 2019 at 5% below invoice. The process was completely painless. If you're in central Ohio and want to order a jeep, you should give Byers a shot.

Gabriel Lugo
Internet Sales Manager
Byers Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Direct: 614.238.1616
Fax: 614.238.1688
[email protected]
www.byersjeep.com

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I bought from a Dealership that has locations all over the State of Michigan. The local one would not deal, The one 70 miles away did. I can go to the local one and it is part of their network. It really is a no issue for me other than I had to drive 70 miles each way to pick the JLUR up instead of 10 miles.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Came onto the boards and found the best out of state pricing.

I live in Florida and apparently we suck when it comes to negotiations. And...well it was true.

Anyway, found Koons to be the best pricing in a decent driving distance. Got them to type me up an estimate with all the discounts.

Mass emailed everyone in Florida telling them what I was looking for and to get back with me with their best number.

Then I emailed the top 10 saying "this other dealership is offering this price" and I would send them the Koons estimate. Some stuck around, others didnt. Pitted them against each other.

Some went from "theres NO WAY ANYONE could ever sell below invoice to you" to "my manager approved 3% below invoice"

Eventually I got 6.99% below invoice from one of my toughest dealerships.

BenDiesel

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep wrangler 2 door 6MT soft top
Occupation
rocket scientist
Clubs

Ok I'm new to buying new vehicles. Always got them from second party.
I can order a new jeep when the diesel comes out and expect to pay 5 ish % under invoice? What other fees other then tax title and license should I expect to see? Also Idaho isn't far for me so I'll be contacting them when comes time

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
I shopped around to about 8-10 dealers in WA state. I first went to a dealer that had a reputation of going 4-5% under invoice and then reached out to others once I had a respectable offer in hand. Gave them all the options they wanted re: affiliates cash, my employer discount with FCA, tread lightly, etc. to put together a deal to hit my desired #.

Was able to get almost 8% under FFP on a 19 Sahara build with a hair cut on the Katzkin install post delivery. Going to finalize in the next 1-2 weeks to time up delivery towards the end of my current lease.