Sponsored

What Winter Rated Tires Do You Run For Canadian Winters?

What Winter Rated Tires Do You Run?

• Total voters

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Duratracs for everything. I currently have the stock firestone MT/2s and they are OK but when they are done it will be duras I switch too as I have had them on my trucks and suvs in the past. From moab to frozen tundra to deep snow to long summer hwy road trips (5 days non stop driving) they do it all.
M/Ts are fine in loose snow, it's when you get into packed, or ice that the safety and effectiveness of them drop.
Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
M/Ts are fine in loose snow, it's when you get into packed, or ice that the safety and effectiveness of them drop.
yes but Im not getting rid of the firestones jsut because of that. Plus where I am the roads get cleared pretty quick and i have the wifes 21 grand cheroke L with winter tires for the family trips

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Hey guys I just recieved my jeep today. The all terrain tires that are on seem pretty good in the snow. Do I really need winter tires for a wrangler? Honest question since this is my first wrangler ever.

OP
OP
mini_cal

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Hey guys I just recieved my jeep today. The all terrain tires that are on seem pretty good in the snow. Do I really need winter tires for a wrangler? Honest question since this is my first wrangler ever.
Depends how much ice you get and whether you get a winter tire discount. Since you're in Ontario, pretty sure you would get one if you run winter rated tires?

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. 3 peak winter rated, aggressive tread, good for offroad, studdable, though I don't stud mine.

The only down side for me is that the bead is dummy thicc and I have to use spacers on my beadlock wheels to avoid too much pressure on my ring.

Sponsored

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Depends how much ice you get and whether you get a winter tire discount. Since you're in Ontario, pretty sure you would get one if you run winter rated tires?
Well I live in gta, winters are bad. I dont know about these discounts but yea blizzaks were on sale I'm jsut wondering if it's really needed or not. Iv never driven a wrangler in snow until yesterday lol.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are fancy with your two sets of tires.....LOL.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You guys are fancy with your two sets of tires.....LOL.
There are so many people here driving with no skill in unprepared cars, covered in snow, and no snow tires. I have snow tires to help me avoid them. They help on ice...Blizzaks.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Any 3peak rated AT tire will get you an insurance discount, but they still aren’t as good as dedicated winter tires.
That being said, I’ve run 3peak KO2 tires for 8+ years on Jeeps. Don’t run MT OR MS and expect them to perform well on ice, packed snow, or the greasy slush Ontario sees.
Sponsored