What windshield are you happy with?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
So as I write this post I am totally eating my previous words about driving like an old man to prevent cracks on and off road. Anyone have any luck with films, non Mopar, or should I hold out on Gorilla Glass? 4000 miles in... @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL What windshield are you happy with? 6B635AC4-F47D-4B6B-A4B4-9365877A9681
Sponsored

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I would be careful with films and polarized sunglasses. You can read about my terrible situation with tinting the windshield with a clear film here.

Personally I just replace it with OEM. Some aftermarket windshields look distorted around the edges, at least thatā€™s my experience with buying a used F-150 with cheap windshield replacement. Thankfully in Florida, we get full OEM replacement under our compressive without deductible.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I would be careful with films and polarized sunglasses. You can read about my terrible situation with tinting the windshield with a clear film here.

Personally I just replace it with OEM. Some aftermarket windshields look distorted around the edges, at least thatā€™s my experience with buying a used F-150 with cheap windshield replacement. Thankfully in Florida, we get full OEM replacement under our compressive without deductible.
I read all the horror stories about the JL windshield and didnā€™t listen. My JK had 160k miles and just some chips.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I will def post to the forum after receiving my tear away laminate ...still waiting on mine to install! but this is the web I was referring to...looks pretty good and there were a lot of testimonials posted on this forum about it.
https://www.racingoptics.com/

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So as I write this post I am totally eating my previous words about driving like an old man to prevent cracks on and off road. Anyone have any luck with films, non Mopar, or should I hold out on Gorilla Glass? 4000 miles in... @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL What windshield are you happy with? 6B635AC4-F47D-4B6B-A4B4-9365877A9681
Thanks for tagging us here. Do you need assistance while working with the dealer for windshield replacement? If so, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored