Sponsored

What winch plate is best?

What winch plate are you using for the oem steel bumper?

• Total voters

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
What is the best winch plate to run? Any issues with the one you bought? Are you using winch spacers?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
No one here is going to be able to tell you which one is best because everyone has just one plate. So, to them, their plate is the best. I've used the Warn plate and I know it's very well built. It may even be over engineered. But I know diddly about the others.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I bought Maximus because everyone seems to like it and it was in stock when I was looking for one. It was either that or Warn. Get whatever plate that holds whatever winch to whatever bumper you may have.

OP
OP
Bulldog4xFour

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
No one here is going to be able to tell you which one is best because everyone has just one plate. So, to them, their plate is the best. I've used the Warn plate and I know it's very well built. It may even be over engineered. But I know diddly about the others.
yeah I guess I should have worded it better, I should have just asked what do you dislike about your winch plate if any, and I was hoping that I could see what was the most popular option with the pole. oh well I'm probably just going to go with Rusty's because it is a 1/4 inch thick, $200, and I think it will work with Maximus-3's tow hooks.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Rusty’s plate does look pretty solid. There are others on here that swear by it. It looks like it just mounts to the inner frame horns whereas the Warn does than and also mounts to the lower extensions rivnuts. I suppose the Warn gives you a more solid mounting of the winch but any Jeep that doesn’t have the Steel Bumper group is also missing those Rivnuts. So thats another $20 and the work to install the nuts (It was a learning experience for me).

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Maximus-3. I also have their trim plates and JL Tow hooks for flat towing with a factory bumper. Even if you don’t flat tow they’re great for mounting shackles for closed loop recovery.

ECF263B9-F9C9-49EB-8A9D-0294CBD533A1.jpeg

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought Maximus because everyone seems to like it and it was in stock when I was looking for one. It was either that or Warn. Get whatever plate that holds whatever winch to whatever bumper you may have.

Same here, Maximus has it in stock and shipped damn fast.

Jmspradlin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2014 JKUS
I just installed the Rustys this weekend. It was a very straight forward easy install. I’ve used several of their products on my JK and have never had any issues. This was no different. It’s very solid. I’m running a Smittybilt X20 10k on it.

It was in stock. I ordered Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. It’s also significantly less expensive than the Warn.

EFD469EB-47ED-4D21-B5F2-7A3997170034.jpeg

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I'm doing another Warn winch plate. My winch will be in tomorrow so I need a plate ASAP. 4WheelParts just got the Warn in so that's what I'm getting. I would have tried out Rusty's but I want everything done so I can do some snow wheeling this weekend..

EDIT: Spoke too soon. 4WP just called me and said the the plates they got in were already sold.

Last edited:

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
Has anyone purchased the rugged ridge winch plate?

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I'm using an ATP (American Trail Products) winch plate. Very beefy at 1/4" thick and one solid piece. No brackets or bolts to piece together, all one unit.

atp-36180001-winch-plate-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-rubicon-models.jpg
Sponsored