Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It seems they always add a couple little things that make us want to upgrade for those little perks. Like the offroad+ feature and others on the 21. What do you think they will put on the 22 to entice us?
Nothing.

You will have to wait for the 2023.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Better seat travel for us tall guys!
That is unlikely, unfortunately. Seat anchors are built into the platform itself.

The 8-speed automatic was a total bitch to fit into JL: it required a 1.5-inch longer wheelbase, most of which went ahead of the windshield; and a much larger transmission hump, which resulted in narrower foot wells, shorter seat tracks, and seat anchors that are 1-inch higher than on JK —and, by extension, 1-inch closer to the roll cage.

Toyota Tacoma has had a similar shortcoming: driving position is just weird in those trucks. After 20+ years, Toyota finally addressed the issue in 2020 by offering an optional power driver seat for the first time. I have no idea if it solves the problem or not.

But my guess is JL seats would need a drastic change like that. I just don’t see Jeep adding power seats to JL any time soon.

PS - I’ll still take JL’s driving position over Tacoma's any day.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
My wish, but would not move me to upgrade... not sure that is going to happen for Y22, most likely changes will still be able to be made for Y23.
  • Wireless Apple Play / Charging
  • 35s on Rubicon
  • Flat folding rear seats and remove gap between cargo area and folded seats
  • More storage options (under seats, rear etc.)
  • Auto up windows

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
How about a 5.7 option but not at 20K premium like the 392, power seat, HK audio, color tops on lower trims as an option.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Just watched an EJS video and saw that sweet dark blue on a Gladiator. They said it was one off but if that was offered it would be worthy enough for me to trade. They also had the interior of roof painted black instead of white. That would be pretty nice. And the moon roof instead of freedom panels was cool. Some of these could be done in 2022 but others would make sense for the 23.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It will be interesting to see if Jeep continue require most of the options as part the 392 package It is easily could be $60-65k 392 Rubicon, if not all those options were required. The 4Xe could also be priced lower as well without as many mandatory options.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
392 is a halo vehicle introduced primarily to deflect Bronco’s launch.

But FCA has been struggling to meet CAFE requirements for years, so it is limiting 392 production by keeping prices high.

TFL was averaging 10.4 MPG on the 392 JL press vehicle they got at Easter Moab.

If I were looking to get a 392 —which I am not— I’d wait for dealer markups to go away, and to see how resale values hold. If they don’t, you may be able to get your hands on a used 392 for a little more than a V6.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Will be good as Mopar rolls out hybrids to compensate for the other vehichles, then they can tell Tesla to shove their credits! Just another Fed EPA scam!

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Looking to order mine in the next couple of months, not sure if it will make the 2021 cutoff or it will end up being a 2022.

Hoping for more standard equipment probably will happen in response to the new Bronco as Jeep already did the V8.

It seems they always add a couple little things that make us want to upgrade for those little perks. Like the offroad+ feature and others on the 21. What do you think they will put on the 22 to entice us?

Sponsored

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I wish they could fit the 12" screen and Harmon Kardon speakers from my Ram in, but I think the only changes will be a price increase and some new colors. Maybe an updated unconnect and some additional options made standard

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Tall guy observation: HUDs are a god send, should be an option for all cars.

Depending on make/model, the combination of steering wheel angle, sun cowl, and seating position means my eyes have either have an obstructed view, or long travel distance between the road, and down into the gauge cluster.

Having a little hud pip clear of the dash makes life so much easier.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I agree with most people that it would appear too early for changes based upon past refresh cycles, but with Broncos being released to dealers as we speak, I think this will change things.

I would love a Sasquatch package but for the wrangler. It would make it way easier for me to buy from the factory. I know a lot of people want to customize it, but I’d be happy ordering it this way.

uConnext 5. FCA said they planned for all 2022 model vehicles to ship with it. Hell, even if the head unit looked the same but the internals and software were upgraded, I’d be happy. Of course I wouldn’t mind a new head unit with flat bezels and a 10” screen.

Would love to a see 360 camera option, but wouldn’t be surprised if this came out for 23 year model instead.

One touch up and down all four windows. Factory cooled front seats would be nice. And factory heated rear seats would be welcomed.

Would love to also see a V8 option. Something that sounds good, has a punch but isn’t 392 territory.

I know... why not just get the new Grand Cherokee L Overland?
Sponsored