What will be the new 2022 “options” included to get us to upgrade

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Wranglers need the tried and true 5.7 hemi. It’s a great engine for the wrangler platform and shouldn’t cost a fortune like the 392.
I love that engine in my wife’s GC. If it was the same ~$4k adder as on the GC I would get it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
With doors off, side windows out and roof open on the Sky one. The rear closed window and tailgate literally work like a parachute. I noticed on the highway with cruise set at 74 the Jeep (which is now lighter) would struggle to maintain 74 mph.
I think they’re worried about exhaust in the vehicle if someone only opens the rear window.
I’m afraid if I leave it open I will hit a bump and cause the glass to break.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
392 is a halo vehicle introduced primarily to deflect Bronco’s launch.

But FCA has been struggling to meet CAFE requirements for years, so it is limiting 392 production by keeping prices high.

TFL was averaging 10.4 MPG on the 392 JL press vehicle they got at Easter Moab.

If I were looking to get a 392 —which I am not— I’d wait for dealer markups to go away, and to see how resale values hold. If they don’t, you may be able to get your hands on a used 392 for a little more than a V6.
I wish but I do not think this will ever happen. Between the EPA and trends towards more EVs there will never be enough of the 392s. I think the 392 will end up being one the most desirable Wranglers ever made. If not the most desirable. It's a big powerful ICE right when ICE is getting phased out for PHEV or full EV. It's probably the last of the best.
Sponsored