Sponsored

What will 100 Year Anniversary Jeep Wrangler will look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I always figured I would get a 100 Year Anniversary Model in 2041 as a 70th birthday present (Lord willing). Wondering what y'all think that edition will look like in 20 years.

For comparison, 20 years ago was a TJ. Other than 4-doors the current JL would be a recognizable successor. But there are significant changes in auto tech going on.

Will the 100A be all electric? Motors in each wheel? Have a manual transmission option? Active suspension? Self-Driving? Will the Wrangler even make it 20 more years?

What do y'all think?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping the basic structure of the drive-train will stay the way it is. Live axle front and rear, with a two speed transfer case. I'm pretty sure the plug in hybrid and full electric will be mainstream by then. Some of us in the forums will still be holding on to our 2018 JLs for the simple days of ESS and BSG...

At the rate transmissions are changing there will be 10-12 speed autos or a CVT in the fossil fuel Jeeps by that time.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping it has an automatic device that will transmit to me what it looks like and what the features are. Because I'll be in the grave I won't be able to go see myself.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping it has an automatic device that will transmit to me what it looks like and what the features are. Because I'll be in the grave I won't be able to go see myself.
You will need a Sirius subscription.

Text charges may apply.

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I am in the auto industry. In my opinion, several of the things that you have mentioned will not have to wait for the 100A.

It is amazing how far the industry has moved in the past 10 years. I think the next 10 is going to be just as remarkable.

One thing that will be difficult for me is the transition to autonomous. I love driving!!!! I always have and now with a wrangler it takes driving to a new world. It’s a true JOY now. So I cannot image giving that up.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
In year 2041, a special "death wobble" edition all-electric Wrangler will be made, with special feature of computer controlled death wobble generated from two independent electric motors mounted on the front wheels, so people can remember the goo'le days.

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
In year 2041, a special "death wobble" edition all-electric Wrangler will be made, with special feature of computer controlled death wobble generated from two independent electric motors mounted on the front wheels, so people can remember the goo'le days.
wobble-white-png.png

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The auto stop/start disable button will be gone due to being made both mandatory and mainstream acceptance (new drivers that never experienced a vehicle idling at a light). It will be replaced with your "nostalgia" button, and the forum will be littered with threads about how to ask the Tazer artificial intelligence to not wobble after it senses every bump.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
The auto stop/start disable button will be gone due to being made both mandatory and mainstream acceptance (new drivers that never experienced a vehicle idling at a light). It will be replaced with your "nostalgia" button, and the forum will be littered with threads about how to ask the Tazer artificial intelligence to not wobble after it senses every bump.
I am pretty sure we don't need auto start stop button in 2041, likely all cars will be electric by then if not fuel cell or nuclear fusion. The only practical Tazer function will be disable the mandate govermental/alexa/google sensors installed in your car.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure we don't need auto start stop button in 2041, likely all cars will be electric by then if not fuel cell or nuclear fusion. The only practical Tazer function will be disable the mandate govermental/alexa/google sensors installed in your car.
I mean, we were supposed to have the Mr Fusion 5 years ago....

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Very good point there!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.