Sponsored

What wheel locks you using?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My Jeep never had wheel locks so now I'm looking for some especially with the bigger tires I have on now.

What wheel locks are you using? Price and where can I get them at? Thanks
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
Wheel locks are useless in my opinion. Well, maybe not. All you have to do to remove the lock is get a 12 point socket just slightly smaller than the lock, pound it on so it grips, then remove as normal. I guess most thieves do thieving at night and probably wonā€™t bring a set of 12 point sockets with them. So maybe you can talk me into wheel locks. And youā€™d probably hear the loud banging in the dead of night, so you could go kick him in the butt.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I am using the Mopar accessory wheel locks.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel locks are useless in my opinion. Well, maybe not. All you have to do to remove the lock is get a 12 point socket just slightly smaller than the lock, pound it on so it grips, then remove as normal. I guess most thieves do thieving at night and probably wonā€™t bring a set of 12 point sockets with them. So maybe you can talk me into wheel locks. And youā€™d probably hear the loud banging in the dead of night, so you could go kick him in the butt.
Wheel locks are like a fence around a front yard. They don't prevent thieves, but are meant to deter them by adding something that requires more time and noise to get to. The hope is that it's enough to make a scumbag move on to some lower hanging fruit. I have splined nuts on all 23 points across all 5 tires. My specific wheels also have center caps that cover the lug nuts. More time equals more deterrence.

Jeep Wrangler JL What wheel locks you using? 20200525_143942_resized

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I use Gorilla spline (71643NBC) with McGard (24516) locks according to my Amazon purchase history.

Iā€™ve got the box in another box in my garage but donā€™t feel like pulling it out.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS

I use the Gorilla 96644BDX, 24 piece, black wheel locks on my Jeep, so Mr Thief better bring a bucket full of 12 point sockets if he's thinking about stealing my wheels. He should probably give himself about 15 minutes per wheel to get them off.......that should give me plenty of time to grab a crowbar and say hello ;)

IMG_20200609_162234.jpg

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Nothing like coming out of your house & see your car on the ground with no wheels. Insurance covered it & I only had to pay the $500 deductible. It was brand new & had to have bodywork on every corner & rocker panels! Salesman told me those rims & tires have been stolen off several customers cars & suggested I get wheel locks. Hindsight! I have had lock lugs on every car & truck since! I came out of shopping mall & saw my lugs on one of my tires on the ground, they stopped because the could not get the lock lug nut off. This Gorilla System 96644BDX, 24 piece, seems to be the best lock lug nuts, because every lug nut is locking & thieves would move on to easier jobs of stealing non-protected tires. You are spending 50k on a Jeep, pony up the $200, it is well worth it! Itā€™s the first thing I have bought for my Jeep, now if it ever comes in! Thanks to my Jeep friends for referring these!

Jeep Wrangler JL What wheel locks you using? 900F9FE4-EF7A-4710-9ABE-A2E1F190B43D

Last edited:

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I'm with @Headbarcode on this, hopefully it'll slow someone down enough so that they move on to something else or you have time to get your shotgun.

There are a lot of ways to remove the locknuts. For those who haven't seen this tool that is readily available..

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yeah I got gorilla secure lugs for my new wheels. Definitely worth the small investment for piece of mind. Also, the ProComp Series 33 wheels I got have screw-in center covers that you have to remove before you can even get to the lugs. By the time they get my wheels off in a parking lot somewhere, their arms will be tired! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Yeah I got gorilla secure lugs for my new wheels. Definitely worth the small investment for piece of mind. Also, the ProComp Series 33 wheels I got have screw-in center covers that you have to remove before you can even get to the lugs. By the time they get my wheels off in a parking lot somewhere, their arms will be tired! šŸ˜‚
Excellent call - I'm looking up those Gorilla secure lugs now and will order them tonight. Just making sure they'll fit in the small bore of my Fuel wheels - I just swapped out my wheels and had a set of 6 point lugs that didn't fit, so I put on inexpensive spline lugs for a quick fix.
Thanks!

Had I seen your wheels before buying, I probably would have gone in that direction.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Excellent call - I'm looking up those Gorilla secure lugs now and will order them tonight. Just making sure they'll fit in the small bore of my Fuel wheels - I just swapped out my wheels and had a set of 6 point lugs that didn't fit, so I put on inexpensive spline lugs for a quick fix.
Thanks!

Had I seen your wheels before buying, I probably would have gone in that direction.
Yeah, they are sharp looking, tough wheels, and Iā€™m very happy with them so far!
Jeep Wrangler JL What wheel locks you using? 53A16AF7-2F85-48E3-9096-9ACF5F9A07D1
Sponsored