Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am pretty sure I have read every post on this forum and seen everything that has been published.

This is what I am still waiting for. Chime in or correct me if I am missing anything:

1 - Sting-Ray Color.

2 - Cloth seats in any trim

3 - Sport Interior (besides a partial dash shot of the built white jeep at the LA show)

4 - Sport/Sport S wheels (looks like the Sport in the brochure has optional Sport S wheels)

5 - Video installing/removing the side/rear panels from a soft top

6 - Definitive specs on the new axles

7 - Gas mileage for the Diesel

8 - Towing specs for the Diesel

9 - Any pricing!

10 - Any special editions or whether there will be any in 2018
Sponsored

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The JT unwrapped. And what they have in mind for the rear window.

Wait. Wrong forum.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am pretty sure I have read every post on this forum and seen everything that has been published.

This is what I am still waiting for. Chime in or correct me if I am missing anything:

1 - Sting-Ray Color. All the other colors have been shown at least in the brochure

2 - Cloth seats in any trim

3 - Sport Interior (besides a partial dash shot of the built white jeep at the LA show)

4 - Sport S wheels

5 - Video installing/removing the side/rear panels from a soft top

6 - Definitive specs on the new axles

7 - Gas mileage for the Diesel

8 - Towing specs for the Diesel

9 - Any pricing!

10 - Any special editions or whether there will be any in 2018
Nacho is mia as well. The diesel will not change the towing specs. I don’t imagine you’ll see gas mileage for the diesel for a while since it won’t be available for almost a year.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Nacho is mia as well. The diesel will not change the towing specs. I don’t imagine you’ll see gas mileage for the diesel for a while since it won’t be available for almost a year.
We don’t even have mpg for the 4cyl available at launch yet

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am assuming Nacho is not coming because a) There is already a yellow and an orange and b) not noted as a color in the new Q&A:
  • Hella Yella, Mojito!, Sting-Gray, Ocean Blue and Punk’n colors should be available March-April 2018.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
There was suppose to be a glass panel roof. I was thinking the 3-piece hardtop, but with glass front panels (ala a 70's Trans Am hatches). Not even a hint of this since.

Not going to happen?

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
There was suppose to be a glass panel roof. I was thinking the 3-piece hardtop, but with glass front panels (ala a 70's Trans Am hatches). Not even a hint of this since.

Not going to happen?

Likely not, I think that was just the Jalopnik rumour, much of what Tracy said he couldn’t comment on even though he knew they were wrong.

I think the glass panel was an extension of that true 3-piece hardtop leaker’s info, all of which came to naught.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I've seen all I need to see and I'm totally satisfied. Now, I want to feel. I'm curious just how improved the on-road manners are and how much better the manual transmission is. Back when the rumors of the JL started to trickle, it was either Manley or Allen who stated that they had designed the new Wrangler's general driving capabilities to be like that of a standard car: smooth, quiet, and comfortable. I have no reservations about what it can do off-road, but I wanna see how it'll handle something much more treacherous: Colorado's highways. Nothing will test a Wrangler's road manners like 80mph winds while climbing up a hill that's almost two miles above sea level.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I'd at least like to see the auto media get their hands on one and write at least an honest first impression. Not fluff, either, but honest.

When will those lucky bozos who got the free trip to New Zealand get off the leash and write something about what they experienced?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
...smooth, quiet, and comfortable. [?] I have no reservations about what it can do off-road, but I wanna see how it'll handle something much more treacherous: Colorado's highways. Nothing will test a Wrangler's road manners like 80mph winds while climbing up a hill that's almost two miles above sea level.
co-sign.

1. Given what we DO KNOW, how does everyone think a JLU Sahara will handle on the highway at 85mph with 33-35" Street tires ?

2. Does anyone have a link to a video of the back seats in a JLU being folded down to maximize Cargo space ? How deep is it ?

3. Is there any video clearly showcasing space in footwell around pedals ?

4. Any good JL selec trac demo vids ?

5. How waterproof is the dash ? Interior still able to be hosed off & drained ?

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
co-sign.

5. How waterproof is the dash ? Interior still able to be hosed off & drained ?
5. The chief designer said they dropped the top and windshield and did multiple 24 hour rain tests without issue. He confirmed drain holes in the floor.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
5. The chief designer said they dropped the top and windshield and did multiple 24 hour rain tests without issue. He confirmed drain holes in the floor.
Wow, that's great news. :like: Hopefully, these rain tests included a post-test evaluation of the clock spring. That seems to be a weak-link for the JK design.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.