What was your 4xe lease deal?

Raven9322

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Good deal, bad deal, anything to question in here?

Confirmed the “cash offset” is paid by the dealer and not by me, so this is a $0 down deal.

Hoping to close on this today if it’a a fair deal. Feedback appreciated!

EED2AB1B-AE50-4E92-8CB9-C84190E616DC.jpeg
It looks like there is zero money down in a cap cost reduction sense but the $1,4xx looks to be drive off costs which would be on you to pay up front. I paid $960 for tax, tags and first payment. Yours doesn’t look like a “sign and drive” if that’s what you’re asking.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It looks like there is zero money down in a cap cost reduction sense but the $1,4xx looks to be drive off costs which would be on you to pay up front. I paid $960 for tax, tags and first payment. Yours doesn’t look like a “sign and drive” if that’s what you’re asking.
Dealer confirmed $0 due, that $1,4XX is out of dealer’s pocket.

Rest of this deal look ok?

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE

Confirmed the “cash offset” is paid by the dealer and not by me, so this is a $0 down deal.

Looks good to me. You got a great discount with buy rate money factor. As long as they don’t try to pull anything in finance, I’d say sign it.

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW

Great discount, base MF, passing on the rebate. As they told you on leasehackr - sign it!

Sponsored

Topless

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2019 Tacoma. 2002 WS 6 Trans Am
While I'm not leasing, I'm pretty sure that if you do lease, you do NOT get to file that as a tax credit because you did not purchase it.

You have to have a lease agency that is passing the tax credit up to you in up front savings.

Again though, not leasing and not an expert. I'd be skeptical as hell though, because you'd be paying full price when you probably shouldn't.
I just went today. Im in NY they said we get it if we lease.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I'm not calling you a liar, and I'm certainly not an expert, but this has not been the case for what I've found online and if you're getting that info from a salesperson, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.creditkarma.com/auto/i/electric-car-lease-what-to-know#:~:text=When you buy an eligible,if you lease the car.

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html
the thing to understand with leasing is you do not own the car, so no, you personally are not able to claim any federal or state rebates (with some exceptions at the state level). However, the leasing bank can and will collect those rebates. The bank can then decide to pass some, all, or none of the rebates on to you as the consumer.

Right now, on wrangler 4xE, both Chrysler capital and Ally are passing on the full credit in the form of a point of sale rebate. Subject to change each month though.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
the thing to understand with leasing is you do not own the car, so no, you personally are not able to claim any federal or state rebates (with some exceptions at the state level). However, the leasing bank can and will collect those rebates. The bank can then decide to pass some, all, or none of the rebates on to you as the consumer.

Right now, on wrangler 4xE, both Chrysler capital and Ally are passing on the full credit in the form of a point of sale rebate. Subject to change each month though.
Yea I know, which is what my first post informed people of.

While I'm not leasing, I'm pretty sure that if you do lease, you do NOT get to file that as a tax credit because you did not purchase it.

You have to have a lease agency that is passing the tax credit up to you in up front savings.

Again though, not leasing and not an expert. I'd be skeptical as hell though, because you'd be paying full price when you probably shouldn't.
To which someone responded that "In NY, they said we get it" which again, to my knowledge and apparently yours, is not true.

You do not get the tax credit from a lease. You can get reduced up front costs, but any dealer saying "you get the tax credit on this" without giving you that tax credit up front is potentially setting you up for heartbreak.

Sponsored

Jeepsnhorses

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
based on April rates, I ordered a 55.5k Sahara 4xE and the lease will be 36 months, 10k a year and $388 due at signing and $388 a month including tax. That includes rolling registration and tax on the rebate into the lease.

wild card will be lease rates when the truck gets delivered, though I’m not expecting any major changes to programs.
Hey there, which dealership did you got and sales person name? I'm in Phx and having hard time finding a dealer that comes anywhere near the now $299 a month with 4K down advertisement let alone be at the $388 a month and $388 at signing! (way less than $4K down!)

Yuhreka

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL What was your 4xe lease deal? Jeep Lease

In LA, they're offering a $209/mo lease offer. No dealer would honor the previous offer of $249/mo, so I can't imagine anyone's getting this one either.
Sponsored