What warranty work have you needed?

Boogerburns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring on this one as well.

Rear window fluid sprayer fix
2 Oxygen Sensors
AUX battery
Steering Damper recall
Passenger Door metal check strap replaced (got stuck in the door second time I took the door off)
Infotainment firmware update
Main Computer firmware update
Intake and Manifold cleaning
Sponsored

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Purchase December 26, 2018...
  • Center console latch
  • Steering stabilizer
  • Now a passenger side water leak, front and rear, wet carpet

I had to lemon law my JK because it always leaked big time, I sure hope this isn't a repeat.

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased 3/29/2019.
Bad weld fixed.
Steering damper (V41 recall)
I think they tightened or replaced the center console latch
Replaced to latest Steering gear box (AE)
Been in 3 dealerships 6 times for crap steering and has never been fixed. FCA is a joke. Fixing it myself with new Track Bar, "tweak" the adjustment screw on the steering gear box (the AE box made zero improvement).

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Just curious. ..

I've had my JL since October 2019 and other than a few small repair issues that were under warranty, I absolutely love my jeep!!!!

I don't think I've ever had so much fun driving a vehicle other than maybe my '65 VW beetle. ..(which i miss dearly)

So for me. .
1- shifter boot
2- rear window seal/ rubber
3- passenger release latch

All small stuff!!!!:fingerscrossed:
Recall regarding steering damper. I noticed and issue when up in Northern
Arizona which reflected the concern regarding damper. I don't trust the
dealership (based on experience), ordered the part from California (OEM) for $29.00.
Dealership wanted $62.00, replaced (myself) and problem didn't resurface when I was
up north a month later.

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Veterans Day Nov 11th 2018 Purchase:

1. New A/C Compressor (warranty)
2. New Steering Stabilizer (recall)
3. New Track-bar (TSB)
4. New Driver-side Sport-bar Speaker (warranty)
5. New Rear Differential Carrier Assembly (warranty)

2018 / JLU / 6-SPD / 3.6L / D44 Rear with 23K on the ODO

What's the TSB on the track bar?

Sponsored

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Most the warranty work has been steering issue related.

1 - updated track bar TSB
2 - UConnect software fix
3 - v41 recall - steering damper update
4 - power steering recalibration TSB

I'm happy to say my steering play issues have been resolved!
What caused the TSBs on the track bar and power steering?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
What caused the TSBs on the track bar and power steering?
The track bar TSB was to resolve the known steering wander issue. The JLU was all over the road even on straight flat highway. The updated track bar is more robust.

The power steering TSB was to resolve the excess steering wheel play. Before the TSB, on my JLU you could turn the wheel 2-3 inches without impacting the direction of the vehicle. After the TSB was applied, now I'm around 1/2 inch. This is a dramatic improvement and much more drivable.

These TSBs only apply to a subset of the JLs manufacturered. If you can't find the TSB numbers, let me know.

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
TSB # 02-003-19

155AF015-4C0C-4248-938B-AB5009B36BE4.jpeg
C4DB892A-4C6C-4046-96CF-2690A3AC544F.jpeg
Thank you for posting this!

Some people still think the JL steering problems are only our incorrect perception...

Thank you so much guys!

Our JLUR had some steering wheel play, tracking and vibration... We didn't get the recall done right way because we knew we were lifting it... We used the RC 2.5 same lift we had on our JLU sport... No issues on the sport with 35s.

We definitely have some wobble and tracking issues now on the JLUR with 35s and the lift...
Hoping to get the stabilizer and track bars replaced soon thru jeep before we put on 37s. Thank you for all the info it helps with our case.

This is my first experience with death wobble and it's definitely scary... My husband has seen it many times before with his old Cherokee days.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for posting this!

Some people still think the JL steering problems are only our incorrect perception...
I know. I’ve seen it all on here. Believe me. If it were as they say, there wouldn’t be any recalls or TSB’s. Period.

No manufacturer creates recalls and TSB’s to please customers. They create them because of known issues. If they did it to please customers they’d be out of business as you simply cannot please everyone.

No vehicle is perfect. Only a few of us are willing to admit it. My dealership has been very supportive and I don’t complain often so I’m okay with it.

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much guys!

Our JLUR had some steering wheel play, tracking and vibration... We didn't get the recall done right way because we knew we were lifting it... We used the RC 2.5 same lift we had on our JLU sport... No issues on the sport with 35s.

We definitely have some wobble and tracking issues now on the JLUR with 35s and the lift...
Hoping to get the stabilizer and track bars replaced soon thru jeep before we put on 37s. Thank you for all the info it helps with our case.

This is my first experience with death wobble and it's definitely scary... My husband has seen it many times before with his old Cherokee days.
No problem! I think the shimmy/vibrations you’re feeling are not necessarily the dreaded DW but in any case the stiffer bushings in the new track bar should make those go away. When you go in, print that out, highlight the blurb under “Symptoms/Condition” and you should be good to go. That’s what I did and they didn’t ask me anything, they just replaced it and I was on my way.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I know. I’ve seen it all on here. Believe me. If it were as they say, there wouldn’t be any recalls or TSB’s. Period.

No manufacturer creates recalls and TSB’s to please customers. They create them because of known issues. If they did it to please customers they’d be out of business as you simply cannot please everyone.

No vehicle is perfect. Only a few of us are willing to admit it. My dealership has been very supportive and I don’t complain often so I’m okay with it.
Absolutely! NO vehicle or manufacturer is perfect! To think otherwise makes no sense.

I also have a very supportive dealership! I didn’t realize how great they really are until I read some of the horror stories about other dealers.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Passenger front seat bottom frame replaced.
Both battery's replaced, ESS would not finish charging.
Purchased Sept. 2018, 12,900 miles to date.
Dealer has been excellent.

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
No problem! I think the shimmy/vibrations you’re feeling are not necessarily the dreaded DW but in any case the stiffer bushings in the new track bar should make those go away. When you go in, print that out, highlight the blurb under “Symptoms/Condition” and you should be good to go. That’s what I did and they didn’t ask me anything, they just replaced it and I was on my way.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I will definitely do that, we know a tech at jeep too that is helping.

Husband said that it's not as bad as wobble he has experienced before but it's definitely the start of it. We hit a bump last night and it shook soooo bad. Both if us looked at each other and he said yeah that's not supposed to happen, time to get it in.
Sponsored