Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Bought it November 11, 2019, week later I took it in because:
  1. Heater was blowing cold air. I kept hearing how Jeeps have great heaters but I don’t find that to be true. Sometimes it blows out great and other times weak and other times cool air. According to them there isn’t a problem with it so nothing was done.
  2. Steering wheel was 3 inches off center so I had them straighten it.
  3. Left speaker cut out. Again they didn’t find a problem so nothing was done.
And now I’m having some problems with the USB Port not shutting off so I may have them take a look at it.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
So far only the rear window defrost cable. Everything else in the Jeep has been working flawlessly.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I’ve had the rear glass replaced because of the defroster tab.

I also have the speedometer issue, power steering drop out, surging idle, and cluster glitches but my dealership refuses to flash for some reason.

All in all it’s been better than I was anticipating.
Take it to another dealer. The TSB for the power steering has been out for at least a year and is documented in this forum.

The surging idle is not specific to Jeep. It is common in the 3.6 and is an in and out fix.

Sponsored

weagle93

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Owned since July 1, 2019

1. Thermostat replaced after I took it in for check engine light.
  2. Both soft top side windows replaced. They kept falling out of the c-channel.

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
Owned since 7/27/19
Master and slave cylinder went out at around 2k miles at the beginning of september

Sunshne×Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Bought it November 11, 2019, week later I took it in because:
  1. Heater was blowing cold air. I kept hearing how Jeeps have great heaters but I don’t find that to be true. Sometimes it blows out great and other times weak and other times cool air. According to them there isn’t a problem with it so nothing was done.
  2. Steering wheel was 3 inches off center so I had them straighten it.
  3. Left speaker cut out. Again they didn’t find a problem so nothing was done.
And now I’m having some problems with the USB Port not shutting off so I may have them take a look at it.
Maybe check the fuses? Ive heard sometimes they are loose, creating problems.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
First week took it in for Auto Stop/Start service light - TSB update fixed that however they scratched the crap out of my front fender while doing it and replaced that as well.

My wonderful uconnect 5 looses time but haven't gone in yet since don't really feel like them having for days to say a software update didn't do anything.

Soft top rattles like hell on the drivers slide rail when down.( I think ill try and fix myself in the spring) Soft top also rattles a little when speeds over 55 but I'm sure dealer cant do anything for that.

This morning temp was 28 and steering wheel started squeaking when turning.

I really love the powertrain so far and the Jeep in general but man I wish FCA would have better QC.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Purchased Cinco de Mayo 2018: JLUR

~1100 miles- new starter relay and battery

w/i the past 4 months:
- steering damper- recall
-first attempt inatalled upside down
- track bar- TSB
- new complete radio unit (today)- warranty (Uconnect fried in middle of software update!)

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Maybe check the fuses? Ive heard sometimes they are loose, creating problems.
I pushed them all in when I first got it. They all felt well seated but two of them clicked when I barely pushed it in. Also I already pulled fuse F97, my CarPlay worked much smoother after that which was really nice.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
About 10 months of ownership...

- console compartment latch (broke 3 days after purchase)
- interior lighting going haywire (fixed with a software update)
- Jeep death wobble (never experienced and they say I never will after the recall)
- passenger side seat latch (like everyone else apparently)

The passenger side seat latch was painful because it's a 2 door. Also it took them 3 days to replace it so all you guys who got it done while drinking coffee were lucky.

I also had a problem where my rear seat was stuck in the normal position (I couldn't flip it up for more storage). Turned out that wasn't a warranty issue and instead a dog leash had gotten wrapped around one of the locking clasps. So my bad.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
2018 Rubicon purchased 4/18, 11000 miles
2 steering stabilizer recalls
Replacement premium soft top due to top not staying locked down and rubbing a hole in it above the driver's door
Left rear window flap won't stay on.
Hard top buffeting

Jeep has been better than either dealer I have been to. Took it in for the soft top hole and the rear window flap. Was told they would order a replacement top (just the fabric) and they "adjusted" the non adjustable flap. The flap came off on my way home. Received a call almost a week later from the service manager asking me where I bought it, then why I bought it out of state, then whether I had proof that it came with two tops and then if I could give them a copy of my window sticker as proof. When I suggested they have access to all that info, the service manager blamed it on the regional rep and said it would help her. At that time she was planning on ordering just the fabric and the top locking mechanisms because according to her everything had to be ordered separately. A few days later I received a call to bring it in to replace the top and an hour later got a call to come pick it back up, that the top wasn't covered under warranty. I was told a warranty manager had determined the hole was not due to anything defective but was due to wear and tear. I asked for the "warranty" manager to call me back, and he never did. Went back to the dealer and had to show the obviously unhappy to see me warranty and service managers how the top wasn't locking down and was rubbing against the left tailgate bar clamp. The warranty manager immediately said that it was covered, that he was unfamiliar with the locking mechanisms and they had never worked on one of the new soft tops before. So I demonstrated to both of them how the top worked and was supposed to lock down. I ended up getting a new top with the frame, but not the windows. The rear window tab was off by the time I got home. I got jeep cares involved after the initial visit which resulted in me getting a rental car and reluctantly being treated like a human being. I decided to let the flap go rather than keep pushing for a solution since I have the hard top for the winter and keep the soft top down all the time in the summer.

Different dealer handled the first steering stabilizer recall and the hard top buffeting. Kept it two days, put four miles on it, said they drove several others to compare it to and mine was the same and the buffeting was a normal jeep thing.

Love my jeep, but it seems like most dealers are doing their best to piss off their target market.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
One would think that fca has enough examples of poor quality installations and quality control to address the problems at the factory.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I have a 2018 JLUR
Took delivery April 2018, it has 28,900 mile on it now.

under warranty
Floor mats
Rear door seal
2 sets of Fox shocks
Stealing stabilizer
Seal above front windshield
Rear engine main oil seal
Transfer case seal
Transmission seal
Rear differential bearings- complete rebuild
Rear engine main seal - yes twice
Computer behind dash

Radio! 4 head units, two FCA cases, been in 13 times for just the radio. The latest over the air update everyone received was due to my vehicle.
Rattle behind the dash- think from radio replacement

The dealership I work with has been great. Love them.
I love the Jeep product and use the hell out of my Jeep off road. Around 15,000+ of my miles are off road.
I have a 2020 JLUR diesel on order to replace my current JLUR.
Sponsored