Sponsored

What warranty did you purchase, if any?

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious as I get ready to make a Rubi purchase, what warranties are being offered and are being purchased for the Wrangler? I’m not sure what comes w the purchase and what is being offered when you have to go and sit thru the dreadful financing office after you get your Jeep. What is covered with your purchase and what should we purchase above and beyond that? I’m hearing doing certain modifications to your Jeep may nullify some parts of your warranty?
Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I just went with the factory warranty. The finance office asked if I was interested in hearing any offers. I said no, signed my paperwork, and was out in 10 minutes.

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Factory warranty only. I dont ever buy the warranties offered by dealerships.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I bought Mopar lifetime maxcare unlimited miles w/ $100 deductible for $27xx.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I’m hearing doing certain modifications to your Jeep may nullify some parts of your warranty?
You heard correct . Dealer service managers can really screw you up with that .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vawildjeep

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I bought Mopar lifetime maxcare unlimited miles w/ $100 deductible for $27xx.
I have heard of some buying the Maxcare. What does it do that the factory warranty does not do? Can it be partially voided as well with mods?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Factory warranty only. None of my other cars have ever seen a dealer for warranty work. If the wrangler is the first one, it will be gone from my garage. Ok, actually I took the Toyota’s for a recent recall on airbags.
And picture this, just got letter from TOYOTA that if my 2005- 200,000 miles Sequoia has any rust issues on the frame they will replace it at no cost!!!
I may be just lucky. I know other people have had bad experience with Toyota and others.
I bought the Jeep and love it. But I will not put up with unreliability. So far so good. 0 issues.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I have heard of some buying the Maxcare. What does it do that the factory warranty does not do? Can it be partially voided as well with mods?
Quick answer : BEFORE you take your Jeep in to any dealer for service , talk to the service manager , explain your mods , and ask whether he is a good guy or a jerk ? Hint : the good guy will promise to not void your warranty .

OP
OP
Vawildjeep

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Factory warranty only. None of my other cars have ever seen a dealer for warranty work. If the wrangler is the first one, it will be gone from my garage. Ok, actually I took the Toyota’s for a recent recall on airbags.
And picture this, just got letter from TOYOTA that if my 2005- 200,000 miles Sequoia has any rust issues on the frame they will replace it at no cost!!!
I may be just lucky. I know other people have had bad experience with Toyota and others.
I bought the Jeep and love it. But I will not put up with unreliability. So far so good. 0 issues.
Definitely take your Seq in for the frame work. They will either replace it or, like they did to mine, they will spray the entire underneath of the truck that keeps it from rusting. Good stuff! Had my Tundra done!

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
I was given a Maxcare lifetime warranty due to mine being in the shop for 5 weeks.

Looks like a pretty good warranty. Has some verbiage about being fine with a 2" lift.

The nice thing is, any mopar after market parts, installed by the dealer will be covered by the lifetime warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vawildjeep

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if that explains the popularity of the Mopar 2” lift done by so many Jeep owners? Hhmmm