Sponsored

What Vehicle did you have before the JL?

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Cleghorn Ridge Trail in Southern California. About 2hrs from LA. Super fun spot with tons of views, a really easy base trail and some nice, harder optional sections. Highly recommended.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Cleghorn_Ridge_Trail
I really need to move, that is breathtaking... It's 2.5hrs to the nearest "decent" trails from me, and while they are fun with good obstacles the scenery looks nothing like that.
DSC_0366_zps68703afd.jpg

Reactions: SKT

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I really need to move, that is breathtaking... It's 2.5hrs to the nearest "decent" trails from me, and while they are fun with good obstacles the scenery looks nothing like that.
DSC_0366_zps68703afd.jpg
And to think I left it all behind and moved to Virginia. Hard to beat California when it comes to views, but I'm hoping to find some good stuff out this way too.

For now, here's the recent Super Bloom out at Carrizo Plain National Monument. Hard to even explain how amazing this looked. Entire hillsides and mountains covered in miles and miles of bright color.

http://www.latimes.com/visuals/photography/la-me-corrizo-plain-pictrues-20170410-htmlstory.html

DSC_0464.jpg

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I sold my 4th JK about 6 months ago in anticipation of the JL...

DSC_0738_zpsfgjxu1px.jpg

DSC_0181_zps2a5574f9.jpg

Untitled-2_zps2478d224.jpg

Great looking JK’s Chris!

What are the specs? Seems they all have similar stances. Curious on the lift/suspension, tires and axles you were running.

Is this JK you recently posted the same as the middle one above?

AF4980D3-5345-4B3A-B049-910DD71689D6.jpeg

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I can type off the mods tomorrow when I'm by a computer. It will probably be close to a 2 page post I don't feel like typing on my phone. :like:
Yes the Billet Silver JK is the same in both pictures, although the pic on pavement was later in its life(right before it was sold)

Sponsored

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thanks! I can type off the mods tomorrow when I'm by a computer. It will probably be close to a 2 page post I don't feel like typing on my phone. :like:
Yes the Billet Silver JK is the same in both pictures, although the pic on pavement was later in its life(right before it was sold)

Any build threads?

Do you have a shop or build and sell Jeeps for a hobby?

Seems like a lot of work to build 4 nice ones, just to turn around and sell them. Nonetheless, they are tastefully built!

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I do have a shop, but I enjoy building them as much as I enjoy wheeling them. Funny enough I never lost any money on my builds even when factoring in mods(All had around 15k miles when sold) I'm not factoring in my time into what I sold them for, but like I said it was more fun than anything.
My Dozer Orange was by far the most built, and if it wasn't for my crazy ex wife I would probably still have it. It had custom valved 14" travel coilovers, RK 3 link long arm kit, full axle trusses, and a whole lot more. I couldn't find the time to build another one like it(My weekends revolve around my kids that I didn't have at that time.)
I don't have build pages, but I have a lot of pics, and I'm sure I can find my for sale pages that list all the mods.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I do have a shop, but I enjoy building them as much as I enjoy wheeling them. Funny enough I never lost any money on my builds even when factoring in mods(All had around 15k miles when sold) I'm not factoring in my time into what I sold them for, but like I said it was more fun than anything.
My Dozer Orange was by far the most built, and if it wasn't for my crazy ex wife I would probably still have it. It had custom valved 14" travel coilovers, RK 3 link long arm kit, full axle trusses, and a whole lot more. I couldn't find the time to build another one like it(My weekends revolve around my kids that I didn't have at that time.)
I don't have build pages, but I have a lot of pics, and I'm sure I can find my for sale pages that list all the mods.
So, what are your plans for modding the JL?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
What vehicle is the JL replacing for you? Post pictures if you have them(Especially if they were a Jeep :like:)

I'll Start. I sold my 4th JK about 6 months ago in anticipation of the JL, and purchased a used motorcycle to hold me over. Just so happened it's the coldest winter I've ever experienced in Houston and my loving wife is taking me to work on days where it's below 40. Motorcycle will be sold once I get my JL(Probably to pay for JL Mods)
DSC_0738_zpsfgjxu1px.jpg

z1k.jpg

Jeep-37-2_zpsvuuhpqok.jpg

DSC_0181_zps2a5574f9.jpg

Untitled-2_zps2478d224.jpg
How have you been able to part with them?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
So, what are your plans for modding the JL?
Not really sure as of yet.... I really want to drive/wheel it to see what I feel it needs. Should give the aftermarket some time to put out some parts as well. My Dozer JK which was my first went through at least 5 different suspension setups before I finally went coilovers. Even then I played with several different spring rates and revalved the coilovers 3x to get it where I wanted.
By my last JK I already had an idea of what I wanted and got it mostly where I wanted the first time.

How have you been able to part with them?
I nearly cried when the Dozer one went to it's new owner(Sad, but true...)The others I knew I could easily build again so it wasn't as hard.

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
oh and this was my only 'vehicle' for about 6 years from 18-24 lol

1200px-USS_George_Washington_(CVN-73)_001.jpg
Thank you for your service, Sir! I always appreciate those who serve:) My dad is a Marine...oorah!

Reactions: JC7

Calijeep

First Name
Octavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Trading in my wife’s 2014 Dodge Durango Rt
18EE2CD6-3CEB-49CC-9808-A63A8983D3C9.jpeg

MOKE

First Name