What trim off roads the most!?

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
It's the person behind the wheel.. not the trim.

Take a look at what this Sahara does on the treacherous BC forest trails. He didn't have lockers.. just 35s and a ton of gutso.

I’m no pro. But still haven’t used my lockers on my rubi since owning.
wife isn’t too happy tho as I wanted to wheel for a week here in Sedona w/top Off and doors off and the dust cleanup is going to be fun when we get back .:(

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
In all fairness, to mall crawling individuals, I'm betting most people with a mid-engine C8 Corvette rarely if ever take it above 100mph even top speed is 195mph. If I owned a C8 Corvette I would not be one of those people. Hence, why it is better that I don't own a C8.

Discretion is, often, the better part of valor.
No disrespect. But the only people I see driving vettes are old people, which in turn don’t drive crazy. I saw a young person (30’s) driving one the other day and was surprised. Lol definitely not the typical owner.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So I was talking with my kids about a sweet Willy’s trim jlu we saw, and I speculated that more Willy’s drivers point it down the trail than us rubicon owners. Does anyone else have thoughts on who gets the most out of their jeeps!?
Around here it seems like all the Wranglers are street driven. Tough to say though since I keep my JLUR detailed to the max after my trail adventures (and so could everyone else) as detailing is a passion of mine. One would not know I take mine off-road unless you got up close and saw all the scratches and the scratched up wheels. I leave the scratches as a personal badge of honor. 😉

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL What trim off roads the most!? 00384ED9-E566-4A27-BE9A-40C9C762CF7B

After:

I have as much fun off-roading as I do detailing. 😎. Lots of other Jeep owners may do the same.

Jeep Wrangler JL What trim off roads the most!? BB466D12-71A1-489F-9F65-FB09934A47B0

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I've noticed on our club trips that among JK's there seem to be a lot more sports than Rubicons but of the JL's most of them are Rubicons on our offroad trips.

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
Around here it seems like all the Wranglers are street driven. Tough to say though since I keep my JLUR detailed to the max after my trail adventures (and so could everyone else) as detailing is a passion of mine. One would not know I take mine off-road unless you got up close and saw all the scratches and the scratched up wheels. I leave the scratches as a personal badge of honor. 😉

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL What trim off roads the most!? BB466D12-71A1-489F-9F65-FB09934A47B0

After:

I have as much fun off-roading as I do detailing. 😎. Lots of other Jeep owners may do the same.

Free color change ;) Appreciate that mirror finish!

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m no pro. But still haven’t used my lockers on my rubi since owning.
wife isn’t too happy tho as I wanted to wheel for a week here in Sedona w/top Off and doors off and the dust cleanup is going to be fun when we get back .:(
This was during the weekend.. No lockers were harmed used in the process. 35s and swaybars disconnected are probably the most distinguishable difference to what I had vs a stock sport/sahara. It doesn't take much to have fun in a wrangler.

Note: I went with a friend on his Rubicon, and he chose to skip and use the bypass.. again it's not the trim, its the person and their appetite for risk/fun on that day.

CopperMtnGuy

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, 2005 KJ

Before:

00384ED9-E566-4A27-BE9A-40C9C762CF7B.jpeg

After:

BB466D12-71A1-489F-9F65-FB09934A47B0.jpeg
Same here! I remember posting on Autogeek's forum once the before/after and someone said "Why detail it when you know you'll just get it dirty again" and I said "That way I get to detail it more!"

I have a Sahara. I wheel it!
zuTvbZz.jpg
Sponsored