First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon owners get more trim. And draculas are scarier than zombies.
I'm getting more "trim" because I can't afford as much food now that I have a Rubicon...
Sponsored

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So I was talking with my kids about a sweet Willy’s trim jlu we saw, and I speculated that more Willy’s drivers point it down the trail than us rubicon owners. Does anyone else have thoughts on who gets the most out of their jeeps!?
I think in raw numbers, probably the Rubicon. In terms of percentages, I would guess Willys.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
As a Rubicon owner...I would guess the Sport.

I bought the Rubicon because I saw the list of stuff it had, which was better than the stuff in my last rig (profile photo), which was stuff I wanted but couldn't afford back then. And knowing that I would eventually want to buy that stuff in the future, I decided it was cheaper to pay once, cry once.

Haven't gone wheeling yet, low priority. But I have already ruined the paint volunteering during an ultra running race, so that's out of the way.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Here in Colorado, it’s definitely Rubicons. We can’t go out on the trail without seeing Jeeps and 90% of the JLs we see are Rubicons.
here in the north of Utah where I live 90% of the JL’s I see anywhere, trail or not, are Rubicon’s.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The funny thing is though, I see a ton of Rubicons that obviously don't do much, if any, offroading. I never see them for sale though. People may not offroad them but they hang onto them like herpes. At least up here anyway.
As an old Ottawa Lad at least in high school, it's the wonderful snow removal. ;) As the snow banks get higher and close in a Jeep is a natural. (I used to climb the banks between the houses delivering the Citizen paper. I could reach straight out and touch the eaves of the house next door.)

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
As an old Ottawa Lad at least in high school, it's the wonderful snow removal. ;) As the snow banks get higher and close in a Jeep is a natural. (I used to climb the banks between the houses delivering the Citizen paper. I could reach straight out and touch the eaves of the house next door.)
Hah, I delivered the Citizen here back the day. We definitely get our share of snow here. I love the jeep in the winter even more. Every day is a wheeling trip!

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hah, I delivered the Citizen here back the day. We definitely get our share of snow here. I love the jeep in the winter even more. Every day is a wheeling trip!
Looking forward to trying KO2's on my Rubi this winter.
Bell's Corners was home....

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
A Wrangler is a status symbol? Where in the name of Yahoosville do you live? :)
In the context of; in the Jeep community some believe having all the "best" options packages compared to lesser based models gives them a hierarchy, of such.

Some type of weird, human nature, psychological mumbo-jumbo, or whatnot.

You have a Jon Boat... do you really need a bass boat? Some don't look at this question the same as others might.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
here in the north of Utah where I live 90% of the JL’s I see anywhere, trail or not, are Rubicon’s.
I get that some folks buy the wrangler for the rubicon brand, but if you like wheeling challenging trails, you need lockers and the ability to disconnect your front anti-sway bar. Otherwise, you simply won’t be able to keep up on the tough trails (e.g., in Moab). It’s a lot cheaper to buy a Rubicon than modify a JL to have air lockers, high fender flares, disengageable sway bar, etc. I get that 10 years ago plenty of folks put in air lockers, etc., but I’ve never seen someone with a JL make these modifications. If you’re simply riding down an old telephone service road, any Jeep/truck can do this, including most cherokees. I guess it Depends on what your definition of wheeling is.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I get that some folks buy the wrangler for the rubicon brand, but if you like wheeling challenging trails, you need lockers and the ability to disconnect your front anti-sway bar. Otherwise, you simply won’t be able to keep up on the tough trails (e.g., in Moab). It’s a lot cheaper to buy a Rubicon than modify a JL to have air lockers, high fender flares, disengageable sway bar, etc. I get that 10 years ago plenty of folks put in air lockers, etc., but I’ve never seen someone with a JL make these modifications. If you’re simply riding down an old telephone service road, any Jeep/truck can do this, including most cherokees. I guess it Depends on what your definition of wheeling is.
You’re correct 9/10 JL Rubis won’t do those modifications. My friend is that exception. (And a few of my friends out here in AZ. Wheeling Mecca.) Haha. She’s added air lockers, high fender flares, sway bar etc
.that may have to do with her 42” wheels. But definitely the exception.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the tropes, I want that one to become true. Slow Walking Dead zombies though, not any of the 28 Days Later, Usain Bolt zombies though.
I'll second that one, buddy! And yeah, none of those World War Z walkers. I'd rather not have to herpe up to stay off their radar. 😆
Jeep Wrangler JL What trim off roads the most!? scratch-blister
Sponsored