What trim off roads the most!?

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
So I was talking with my kids about a sweet Willy’s trim jlu we saw, and I speculated that more Willy’s drivers point it down the trail than us rubicon owners. Does anyone else have thoughts on who gets the most out of their jeeps!?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have no basis for this, but my guess based on my observations would be either Sport or Willys.

Most Rubicons —and Saharas— I see these days look like total road princesses.

Which is understandable when you take into account that upper crust Wranglers now easily cost upwards of $55,000.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I was talking with my kids about a sweet Willy’s trim jlu we saw, and I speculated that more Willy’s drivers point it down the trail than us rubicon owners. Does anyone else have thoughts on who gets the most out of their jeeps!?
It’s not so much the trim as it is the people driving them….. I’ve seen bone stockers that stay covered in mud, out every chance they get and Rubi XRs that won’t even pull to the side of the road…🥴 ..Like my Rubi, total mall crawler……..:)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It’s not so much the trim as it is the people driving them….. I’ve seen bone stockers that stay covered in mud, out every chance they get and Rubi XRs that won’t even pull to the side of the road…..🥴
The funny thing is though, I see a ton of Rubicons that obviously don't do much, if any, offroading. I never see them for sale though. People may not offroad them but they hang onto them like herpes. At least up here anyway.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing is though, I see a ton of Rubicons that obviously don't do much, if any, offroading. I never see them for sale though. People may not offroad them but they hang onto them like herpes. At least up here anyway.
Those are the ones waiting on the apocalypse, think they’ll need lockers to get over the zombies……🤣

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Those are the ones waiting on the apocalypse, think they’ll need lockers to get over the zombies……🤣
Of all the tropes, I want that one to become true. Slow Walking Dead zombies though, not any of the 28 Days Later, Usain Bolt zombies though.

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I’d say a Sport, since more of those are sold than any other. I see more modded Sports than any other also.
Agreed.

I guess I'm the oddball. My last trail bucket was a 2001 Sahara, and now I'm rolling in a Rubicon. Creature comforts, and some oem parts upgrades were important - financial situation allowed, so...

It is interesting, all past Wranglers I've owned were modified immediately, but I have no real ambition with the Rubicon for whatever reason. Getting grumpy, and lazy with old age maybe?

My Jeep gets the rainbow water tickle treatment for the undercarriage about twice a month. It would be the same if I owned a sport... just the coolness factor would be less.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my Sport because I had restored my 1980 CJ-5 to the point where it was too pretty to take off road anymore! Mostly do trails and easy to moderate desert overlanding, keeping my (mostly) stock JL within its operational limitations.

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
I was going to get the Willys XR but then when I saw that the Rubi XR was over 6000 pounds and I could get a better tax break, I went Rubi. After the 179 deduction they were going to cost me almost the same. I don't off road a lot but that is mostly due to where I live instead of desire. I don't have a lot of desire to just go to an off-road park and see if I can make it up obstacles. I want to drive trails that take me to great sites.

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
I am not going to lie, I have had my '97 TJ for probably 15 years and it has seen dirt, from afar. It has a 3.5" BDS lift and for many years was my DD. I read enough horror stories on the forums about my weak-ass D35 axles and just knew they would split like balsa as soon as it got a little muddy and I didn't want to invest in D44's and lockers and all that. So yeah, I probably scared myself too much.

Now snow on the other hand...we don't get feet of snow like my northern brothers and sisters but we have had some pretty bad snow storms and for that, I love being able to drive in 4 wheel and take the wife to work, secure provisions, etc.

My new Rubi 4xe with all the bells and whistles (aka midlife crisis!)? Yeah, for the time being, it too will look at dirt, from afar! LOL!! It currently holds the title for the most expensive vehicle in my entire extended family...

It's even worser since I got caught up in that crazy Quadratec sale back in July and bought the full AEV front bumper package, Baja bar light and all, and figured I would add a winch because its only money and the button on my computer mouse was fully functional, and I was super stoked about having ordered my Rubi 4xe.

I do want to take it, eventually, on some trails, I ain't no crazy rock crawler dude and I about had a heart attack when I took it to Walmart and some dumbass in a busted ass, rusted ass truck parked right next to it, I mean he parked OVER the line on my side - there was no way his passenger could get out without hitting mine - I mean FFS, I hadn't even had the damn thing for 24 hours yet!

I love it and it looks badass and handles really well. I also love my TJ and enjoy driving both. Someday they will see a trail, someday...
Sponsored