Sponsored

What tools would you keep on board for the JL to get it to the shop?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, apparently I'm not very good at forums, but I'm learning. Nice of you to come back to this and respond.

Ha, I'll carry some spare fender washers just for you. Sorry about the poop. No kids here, but had two dogs with random unexpected explosive diarhea. I always recommend backup undies/clothes for travel in general.

Did the three (four?) little arms off the jack come from Safe Jack? I've never seen them.

+1 on tire under frame, and I also use the Safe Jack "U" top and extensions with my own bottle jack, and highly recommend them as well.

A fixed base is certainly "better" but nobody has room for that on the road. I use a piece of 2x10 or a 12x12 plate of 1/4" steel.

For this original post's question: I'd include a longer breaker bar and socket, or cheater pipe, to supplement or replace the stock lug wrench. They'll fit in the little jack/tool cubby. 130 ft/lbs + corrosion is no joke.
No problem.

Yep, the little arms came from SafeJack.
Sponsored

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone use Garmin Overlander or a Magellan TR5, etc for off road GPS?
I use the Garmin Overlander for a back-up navigation device. It has saved me several times when my phone was out of cell range.
ugged-Multipurpose-Navigator-for-Off-Grid-Guidance.png
3.Magellan-TR5-Street-and-GPS-Navigator.png
I've been considering this but I did a free trial of the ATT WiFi service that you can use with the Jeep and found that it has really great coverage. So I'm sticking with that along with a Garmin InReach to help get me bailed out if needed.