Sponsored

What to Expect When You're Expecting (To Purchase Your Jeep Soon!)

Choose a Response, them comment. This is for unmodified Jeeps, please!

• Mechanical Problems

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Electrical Problems

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Cosmetic Problems

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Steering

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • UConnect

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Suspension

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Drivetrain

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Interior

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Exterior

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • No Problems At All!

Votes: 71 70.3%

• Total voters

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
No problems for me in about six months of ownership other than the radio rebooted once while driving which freaked me out but it’s never happened again. I don’t like the ESS fuel saver like a lot of folks but pushing the button has just become part of my preflight check list before putting the Jeep into drive.
Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Leaking rear window, radio likes to reset sometimes, no real problems

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Make a preemptive dealer appointment so you can get the steering issues fixed on day one.

Kirkpatrick618

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Military / Retired / Contractor
When I picked up my 21 Rubi there was a pinched wire near the front axle FAD connector. 7 miles away from the dealership the Service 4WD Light came on. The next day when I brought it back in they had to order another connector and re-install it, I haven't had any problems since.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
No problems. Most of the "Problems" are from first time Wrangler owners. "This thing wonders all over the road", "This thing has a lot of wind noise", "This thing gets bad gas mileage", "The Alpine doesn't sound good going 80 with the top down", "This thing pushes like it's a box on wheels".....uhhhh

I could go on. If you're stepping out of S Class Mercedes or even a Crew Cab F150 it's going to be different but it should feel different than anything you've owned. It's a Wrangler. Comfort has been greatly increased in the JL. So many improvements with JL.

9 time Wrangler owner, 2nd JL on order. I get it. $60K+ on a rig. If something isn't right, they better make it right. Engine, tranny, etc.... ya, sure. Just understand. As nice as the Wranglers have become, they're still a Wrangler. A heavy box on wheels with a high profile, solid axle's, etc....

Most of all. It will be the most fun vehicle you have owned. Or it should be. Top down, doors off or all buttoned up and -10. Driving backroads of Colorado or driving to work. I know it sounds stupid but most of you will get it. I look forward to driving to work just because I get to climb in my Jeep. The wife says she needs something, Oh, I'll go. I might be gone 2 hours but I'll run to the store. Driving my truck, it's a 15 minute commute to work. Driving the Jeep it's at least 30-45. It all depends on how good the shuffle gods are doing on the Alpine that morning. I'm a runner and I run long on Saturdays. Our paved trails are awesome in NW Arkansas. Could I pick a trail 10 minutes from the house, yes but I drive as far as I can before I start my run. Just examples of what "Stupid Jeep Guy does". I'm proud to be one. You'll love it. I'm waiting patiently for them to start the XR packages.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If you are getting a 2 door, careful with the front seat release mechanism to get in the back. It is a very common problem that it gets "stuck". Other than that, no issues.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Only three months and 2000 miles on our 2dr Rubicon. I did "pot" the locker sensors and in the process change the differential fluids but that was a proactive measure not because something happened. I voted no problems... this is my wifes vehicle and she LOVES it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My 2019 JLR with the 2.0 T eTorque was problem free for the first 18 months. Between 18-24 months some problems started. About at 20K miles. I plan on ordering a 2021 as soon as the order banks open to replace it. Hopefully QC has improved.

Many Uconnect4, 8.4" Alpine radio, back-up camera problems (replaced 2 head units and updates without success)
Leaking rear shock (on back order for weeks)
Passenger side power mirror lost Up and Down movement (replaced)
Bad tailgate antenna for Proximity lock (replaced)
Bad driver side door Proximity lock (bad connection)
Drive train whining noise when lifting off gas pedal (The drive train whine happened from day one. Others report same problem with 2.0T eTorque, 3.6 ESS and manual trans)
Wavy door skins (much more wavy than my 2015 JK)
Knocking noise from driver seat ( replaced bottom seat frame)
Steering dampener (had the TSB / recall done and replaced the dampener)
Rear gate window leaks water
Sponsored

Last edited: