What To Expect In 2018 JL Sales...

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Hold the presses! Least expensive product offering outsells most expensive product offering!!! Also - water is WET!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
None of that surprises me, volume sellers are volume sellers for a reason (price) and no that isn’t taking anything away from the sport, I’ve owned plenty and loved them all.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Anyone have access to the order tracking spreadsheet? It would be interesting to see what the distribution is. I would bet the distribution on this forum is not typical.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Anyone have access to the order tracking spreadsheet? It would be interesting to see what the distribution is. I would bet the distribution on this forum is not typical.
Any enthusiast forum isn’t going to be typical

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Distribution is just starting.

As for this forum, that is not a typical sample population.

Any enthusiast forum whether it’s Wrangler, phones, camera is always going to be excessively skewed co pare to typical sales.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I also care for the two door over the four door as it seems the four door has become more prominent, the two doors definitely more distinctive at this point.

It’ll be interesting to see if Jeep has passed their price point on the Wrangler.

Based on last year sales, the majority of seals it was definitely with the lower a less expensive models. Still not sure why Jeep suddenly thinks people are going to opt for the more expensive versions where they were not as interested in them before as they were with the less expensive trims.

Any enthusiast forum isn’t going to be typical

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I also care for the two door over the four door as it seems the four door has become more prominent, the two doors definitely more distinctive at this point.

It’ll be interesting to see if Jeep has passed their price point on the Wrangler.

Based on last year sales, the majority of seals it was definitely with the lower a less expensive models. Still not sure why Jeep suddenly thinks people are going to opt for the more expensive versions where they were not as interested in them before as they were with the less expensive trims.
My guess is that JL sales will be artificially lower in 2018 as it has to compete with its closest rival, the JK. After that runs it’s course, I don’t believe the price increase is going to scare off too many people from buying a Jeep. There is no other vehicle to rival it. It makes sense that the Sports outsell other trims. The lower cost plays a huge role in that, but the popularity of aftermarket modifications also makes it attractive.

Matsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Not sure what numbers you’re going by but I see 4 door Rubi at 20188 units to the 2 door Sport at 8337 units. That’s 21/2 Times mores Rubis.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I'm surprised that they discontinued the 2 door Sahara when it sold way better than the 2 door Rubicon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Possibly, but generally the first year of the redesigned model for which many have been waiting for, demand should be the strongest.

My guess is that JL sales will be artificially lower in 2018 as it has to compete with its closest rival, the JK. After that runs it’s course, I don’t believe the price increase is going to scare off too many people from buying a Jeep. There is no other vehicle to rival it. It makes sense that the Sports outsell other trims. The lower cost plays a huge role in that, but the popularity of aftermarket modifications also makes it attractive.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Possibly, but generally the first year of the redesigned model for which many have been waiting for, demand should be the strongest.
I guess that’s true too. Another thing to consider, as witnessed by looking at this forum, people are also waiting for the 2.0, the diesel, and the truck before making a decision. That will play out in sales numbers with this release as well.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Good point about the Turbo...as well as certain colors won’t be ready until later in the model year.

I guess that’s true too. Another thing to consider, as witnessed by looking at this forum, people are also waiting for the 2.0, the diesel, and the truck before making a decision. That will play out in sales numbers with this release as well.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Not sure what numbers you’re going by but I see 4 door Rubi at 20188 units to the 2 door Sport at 8337 units. That’s 21/2 Times mores Rubis.
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from (or why you would compare a 4dr of one model to a 2dr of another, but whatever). In 2016 (I haven't seen full 2017 numbers yet) just to compare worldwide sales #'s between Sport and Rubicon (excluding RHD #'s):
Rubi 2 dr - 6,695
Sport 2 dr - 34,138
Rubi 4 dr - 35,295
Sport 2 dr - 88,054

I pulled these numbers from a chart posted on this forum by member Milous here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-full-year-jeep-wrangler-sales.631/#post-2096
Sponsored