Sponsored

What to do with new stock wheels and tires if upgrading?

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA: 2018 JL Wrangler, 2017 GS Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps you Jeep guys can enlighten me... For some reason, I can't get it out of my mind that I want to immediately add aftermarket wheels / tires on day one, as soon as taking delivery of my Wrangler. It seems crazy to me that I would change out perfectly good wheels and brand new tires but I really want to have the aftermarket wheel / larger tire look.

That said, what do you do with the brand new factory wheels and tires? I have no plan to keep them at all, so storing them is not an option.
Sponsored

MDWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, Dodge Journey, Toyota Corolla
I sold my last stock set on craigslist, plenty of people need new wheels often enough they don't mind buying a new set.

OP
OP
DropTopGal

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my last stock set on craigslist, plenty of people need new wheels often enough they don't mind buying a new set.
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling craigslist. I've never sold / bought from craigslist or even ebay. Perhaps the dealer will take them for a reasonable & nominal price upon delivery, simply to save the hassle of selling privately. We'll find out in several months from now.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yep Craigs List, Ebay (if you want to deal with shipping them), or those local selling apps like OfferUp all work well for selling used Jeep parts.

Or if you dont care about getting the cash back to offset the new wheels cost, you could aways store them as back ups. (I wish I had my stock wheels right now as I want to powder coat my wheels a different color but don't want to deal with having the JKU sitting on jack stands for a week)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Back up wheels are always a good idea.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DropTopGal

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Over the past few days, I was reading various threads on the "other" Wrangler Forum and found several others who purchased a new JK within the past few years and had their own aftermarket wheels/tires ready at time of delivery.... the Jeep dealership(s) gave them a credit towards the purchase price for immediately giving the dealer the new OEM wheels / tires. Just FYI.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Over the past few days, I was reading various threads on the "other" Wrangler Forum and found several others who purchased a new JK within the past few years and had their own aftermarket wheels/tires ready at time of delivery.... the Jeep dealership(s) gave them a credit towards the purchase price for immediately giving the dealer the new OEM wheels / tires. Just FYI.
Did they have to buy the aftermarket wheels/tires from the dealership?