Sponsored

What To Do When You Can't Find The Jeep You Want To Buy?

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I'm looking to buy a new Jeep. Have browsed around on AutoTempest a lot, and the retained resale value on wranglers is insane. It doesn't make sense to buy used when in many cases new ones are $1k more.

I've been using Jeep.com to build my new Jeep, but there are no dealerships that are carrying exactly what I want.

If you can't find a dealership that has exactly what you need, what do you do?
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Gotta do it at a dealer that hopefully knows what they’re doing. Or comprimise on one in stock and add the things you want after the purchase.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Is there a way to search all dealers inventory?

I am also in the same boat. And I know I could build one but it would be nice to not wait.

Sponsored

supamyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xE
Is there a way to search all dealers inventory?

I am also in the same boat. And I know I could build one but it would be nice to not wait.
you can change the radius and zip code on jeep.com to search inventory.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
We were in the same boat last year, but found one on a dealer lot that had everything we wanted but it added the 8.4 nav radio. We figured out it was worth it to get what we wanted, and I feel it helped me negotiate a pretty good deal. A year and a half later and absolutely no regrets. We found it at a dealer 125 miles away from us.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
We were in the same boat last year, but found one on a dealer lot that had everything we wanted but it added the 8.4 nav radio. We figured out it was worth it to get what we wanted, and I feel it helped me negotiate a pretty good deal. A year and a half later and absolutely no regrets. We found it at a dealer 125 miles away from us.
Super helpful, thanks. Unrelated: were you happy upgrading to the 8.4 nav? Seems expensive but I know I'll be using it constantly so I'm torn.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Generally speaking, there is a shortage of new vehicles now. The prices of used vehicles are higher because of increased demand.

Since Covid, there have been shortages in some key components. You should expect your orders to take longer than normal to be delivered.

Not pleasant, but it could have been worse.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Take a read of this thread that can tell you forum friendly dealers closest to you:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/post-1529373

Then email them exactly what you want, they will have it built for you and it will cost well below invoice price, and you don’t have to deal with dealership BS. Gupton seems like the best currently.

Pretty simple - you came to the right place!

PS - I hear the dealers in Florida are horrible from some of the stories on here

rmarcus929

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr wrangler jl
I was in the same boat. I am on day 21 of waiting for my 2dr Sport s with automatic, 2.0, air, auto windows, remote start, heated mirrors, non-led lights, ( I have oculus switchbacks on pre-order). It's a long wait, but I am getting exactly what I wanted. Pull the trigger!
Sponsored