Sponsored

What to do once you get your Jeep?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Question for every New JL owner
Have you received your Owners Manual & Glove box material? The fasted way to get a Hard copy of the owners manual is do the chat they will ask for your last 8 of the vin# and contact info. while logged into Jeep.com

Last have you received your welcome kit.

You can call this# for the welcome kit Jeep Standard Care #1800-521-3186
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yes, sounds very legit, since everyone is getting a check. But what is their business model? Are they selling your data to someone for $300, giving you $250, and making a $50 profit? Or ? I'm not complaining that they might be selling your data (if that is the case), but it would be good to know how they are just "giving" money away.
My guess is whatever they pay you they get back from the manufacturer plus a fee.

The idea is someone you already trust like your employer or credit union tells you that if you choose FCA or Hyundai you get a big rebate and for someone who isn't brand loyal that may lead to a sale that may have gone to someone else.

It's just marketing.i think in general people overestimate how many businesses are based on selling your data. It's just not that valuable if everyone is already selling it.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I added #12 to my original post above - Adjust the telescoping steering wheel. The lever is on the left/bottom side of the steering column. Push up, down, in, out, then push the lever back up to lock in place. Rinse and repeat until happy.

Wfd1244

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
Does anyone know how much dealers charge to recalibrate the Jeep for larger wheels?

I know the Tazer for JL can do this and much other stuff, but All I really need to do is calibrate the speedometer. I went from the standard tires on my JLUS to 33s. It’s not much different but I’m OCD about having an accurate speedo.

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
1. Order your hard copy owners manual from the Jeep.com website.
2. Register your car at www.mopar.com.
3. Activate your Uconnect (if so equipped). Follow the menu prompts on your screen.
4. Activate your hotspot if you want - https://www.att.com/jeep $10 / $20 unlimited plans for existing AT&T customers.
5. If you purchased after 05/01/2018, free 6 months of Apple Music - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...e-music-carplay-and-beatsaudio-300609166.html
6. Choose some accessories - www.quadratec.com, www.justforjeeps.com, www.amazon.com, etc
7. Set up a Google Alert at www.google.com/alert for 2018 jeep wrangler accessories.
8. Get your 15% off accessories coupon at www.mopar.com that you can use at most dealerships.
9. Cover up your VIN number on the driver side that is visible from the outside. This will prevent the VIN method of car theft / fraud (Google VIN car theft fraud for details).
10. Read the manual. Example, USB1 is the dash, USB2 is in the arm rest console, USB3 is behind the arm rest console and support data, including a USB thumb drive full of music. The additional USB port (on the right) on the back of the arm rest console is charge only.
11. Check your tire air pressure. My tires have 50psi max written on the side walls, the dealer had them at 48. The door jam says 37. It was drifting all over the place. I changed it to 39 and some of the drifting is gone.
12. Adjust the telescoping steering wheel. The lever is on the left/bottom side of the steering column. Push up, down, in, out, then push the lever back up to lock in place. Rinse and repeat until happy.

I'm looking forward to hearing other contributions as well.
Nice run-down. Could be a great start to a FAQ sticky for this site.

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
This year jeep has created a 125$ warrenty plan to reprogram the pcm. I told my dealer i refuse to pay it out of principal and they put it in writing that they would do it for free

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone know how much dealers charge to recalibrate the Jeep for larger wheels?

I know the Tazer for JL can do this and much other stuff, but All I really need to do is calibrate the speedometer. I went from the standard tires on my JLUS to 33s. It’s not much different but I’m OCD about having an accurate speedo.
Dealer is going to charge you LOT's, each and every time you reprogram for tire size.

You will undoubtedly do it more then once during the time you own the JL. Also, if you are like many, you will want to disable ESS. You might also want to be enable run fogs with your brights, disable Nav restrictions, pick the DRL you want and more, adjust TPMS warning and more.. Two trips to the stealership will pay for the Tazer JL. To me it made $ sense to buy the Tazer JL. Sure makes my JL shine and the $ were well spent in regard to the programmer.

Your choice but I say ta-hell with giving the $ to FCA and the dealer.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
For my JK, I:

-Added leatherman Z-Rex tools to driver and passenger side console areas by the seatbelts. The have seatbelt cutters and glass breaks ( you never know)

-Trauma Kit from Adventure Medical Kits

-Fire extinguisher to roll bar

-My medic first aid kit

-4 nomad universal cables (has all common smartphone charge connectors)

-Anker 2 port car charger with Qualcomm quick charge

-wet wipes

-hand sanitizer

Not a fun list, but useful.
Sponsored