What tire size should i go with...

blackwell32

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Stuck between 33's and 35's. I know 33's i can stay stock and with 35's i will need a lift. it's my daily but i plan on doing some camping, light off road and going to the beach. What would be the best choice for something along these lines.

Also, if i choose 33's is it worthwhile to upgrade the shocks and if 35's which lift would you recommend.

And for the ride i have a JLU Sport
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Stuck between 33's and 35's. I know 33's i can stay stock and with 35's i will need a lift. it's my daily but i plan on doing some camping, light off road and going to the beach. What would be the best choice for something along these lines.

Also, if i choose 33's is it worthwhile to upgrade the shocks and if 35's which lift would you recommend.

I put 285/75/17 ridge grapplers on my sport, I have a 2.5” lift but didn’t want to spend money right now on aftermarket wheels to run 35-37, although lots run those sizes with factory wheels any bigger than what I have I like to widen the stance a little with an aftermarket wheel.

I am not 100% sure as I already had the lift but I think this size would have fit without the lift, if I had of tried this size without a lift I would have had spacers just Incase. I plan to regear and run 37s that’s the main reason for the lift.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe

Nitto Ridge Grappler, 285/75r17 load C

https://tiresize.com/tires/Nitto/Ridge-Grappler-285-75R17.htm

These are 34" tires so they split the difference for you. Great reviews on and off road. Load C means more ride comfort - and are plenty for light off road and beach use. Many are running these without a lift - there are a few threads around with photos of this setup if you dig around a bit.

These seem like a slam dunk for you. I wish I was looking for something like you, because the choice is so straightforward (to me) for this one. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I just added a 2.5in lift with 315/70r17 KO2s on the stock Sport S wheels and couldn't be happier. The height and handling is perfect, however I do get some slight rub on the sway bar when turning full lock. I plan to eventually upgrade to wheels with less offset but I'm not worried about anything until I do. It is my daily driver but it just makes me more aware of my turning radius.

OP
OP
blackwell32

blackwell32

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Nitto Ridge Grappler, 285/75r17 load C

https://tiresize.com/tires/Nitto/Ridge-Grappler-285-75R17.htm

These are 34" tires so they split the difference for you. Great reviews on and off road. Load C means more ride comfort - and are plenty for light off road and beach use. Many are running these without a lift - there are a few threads around with photos of this setup if you dig around a bit.

These seem like a slam dunk for you. I wish I was looking for something like you, because the choice is so straightforward (to me) for this one. Hope this helps!
is there any rubbing.

Sponsored

Arasto1

First Name
Abhinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL sports S

I added 285/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers to my Sport. No lift needed.

IMG_20180721_075700.jpg

IMG_20180721_075646.jpg

Boerne Jess

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU wrangler
I added 285/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers to my Sport. No lift needed.

IMG_20180721_075700.jpg

IMG_20180721_075646.jpg
How do you like the ridge grapplers? How is the road noise compared to the stock all seasons? I’m stuck between those and KO2? If anyone has had experience with both, I’d be interested in a comparison.
Sponsored