Sponsored

What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

Cummins

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Aus Spec
I've got a quote on an AEV 2.5" lift, but also checked out ARB.

Apparently its listed as a 50mm/2inch lift on marketing/online/quote, but their internal product descriptions list the kit as a 3.5" lift.

Kinda weird - would the winch+steel bar+150KG rear load really bring a 3.5" lift effectively down to 2"?

Just curious how insurance would deal with this during a potential claim on legalities without engineering etc.
is this ARB lift they have 3.5 in the usa and a 50mm 2 inch for a Australia are you saying that the 50mm will be bigger here ?
Sponsored

Harvs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Just wondering if anyone has tried out the AEV 2” spacer lift?
Also is there a retailer in Oz that sell the dynatrack 2” suspension lift?

Harvs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, those 24mm nuts are ridiculous. I would advise anyone working at home to make sure you have a good set of tools on hand. As most nuts and it's opposite bolt are the same head size you’ll need 2 of each spanner/ socket. Sway bar bolts to frame also has a litre of loctite per bolt.

I just did a spacer lift and working on the ground did make it a lot harder and slower than u der a hoist. You will save a few hundred dollars in doing it yourself though.
Is it an AEV spacer lift? If so what experience been like so far?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Also is there a retailer in Oz that sell the dynatrack 2” suspension lift?
I don’t think so. I think Quadratec has it.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Is it an AEV spacer lift? If so what experience been like so far?
I have a Pro Comp spacer lift and added AEV geometry brackets for the lower control arms. Wouldn’t worry which brand you get. They are only spacers so no real difference. I just got what was available at the time.
If you run light loads most the time I would say a spacer lift is still a good option on a rubicon. If you load up the car a lot I would recommend a full spring and shock kit.

Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I've just ordered the JL specific Fox 2.5s and am waiting on a freight quote before I order the Rock Krawler X Factor 2.5" lift. Plan to finish it off with SteerSmarts track bars, drag link and tie rod. Undecided on steering damper at the moment though likely the Fox ATS. Now to wait 4 months before it all arrives :CWL:

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
C
I've just ordered the JL specific Fox 2.5s and am waiting on a freight quote before I order the Rock Krawler X Factor 2.5" lift. Plan to finish it off with SteerSmarts track bars, drag link and tie rod. Undecided on steering damper at the moment though likely the Fox ATS. Now to wait 4 months before it all arrives :CWL:
Could we still be able to reallocate the stabiliser as RHD JL?

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C

Could we still be able to reallocate the stabiliser as RHD JL?
According to the guy I've been speaking with at SteerSmarts that stabilser bracket will work. We can even run the drag link, just have to get the high mount specific version and flip it over to run standard mount. He said to do high mount on JKs they used to just get the RHD drag link and flip it over so no different.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
According to the guy I've been speaking with at SteerSmarts that stabilser bracket will work. We can even run the drag link, just have to get the high mount specific version and flip it over to run standard mount. He said to do high mount on JKs they used to just get the RHD drag link and flip it over so no different.
Ok. Thanks for the info. I was going to buy the relocation kit from Teraflex. Then I found they removed it from their website, and I heard they will be a slightly rub....

Harvs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Pro Comp spacer lift and added AEV geometry brackets for the lower control arms. Wouldn’t worry which brand you get. They are only spacers so no real difference. I just got what was available at the time.
If you run light loads most the time I would say a spacer lift is still a good option on a rubicon. If you load up the car a lot I would recommend a full spring and shock kit.
It will be loaded for off-road trips. Have a winch, pioneer platform with roof top tent, draws, fridge, recovery gear etc. So I will go with the lift. Thanks for the advice

Sponsored

Harvs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys just looked at the FAQ from AEV on their 2.5” dual sport lift and say the following about stock rubicon wheels:
PRODUCT FAQS
Will this suspension system fit right hand drive (RHD) JL Wranglers?Can I run my stock wheels with this suspension?
We do not recommend running stock wheels on a Sport, export Rubicon, or other models with the narrow track axles with our suspension. At full rebound the passenger rear endlink is hard into the backside of the wheel and at ride height it’s very close. OE 18” Sahara wheels will work for limited street use but not recommended for anything off-road or as a long term solution. OE 17" Rubicon wheels from models with widetrack axles will be ok, depending on tire size. Note: European and most export models, even Rubicons, use the narrow track axles.

I assume the Oz imported JLU Rubicon’s are narrow track axles?

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Guys just looked at the FAQ from AEV on their 2.5” dual sport lift and say the following about stock rubicon wheels:
PRODUCT FAQS
Will this suspension system fit right hand drive (RHD) JL Wranglers?Can I run my stock wheels with this suspension?
We do not recommend running stock wheels on a Sport, export Rubicon, or other models with the narrow track axles with our suspension. At full rebound the passenger rear endlink is hard into the backside of the wheel and at ride height it’s very close. OE 18” Sahara wheels will work for limited street use but not recommended for anything off-road or as a long term solution. OE 17" Rubicon wheels from models with widetrack axles will be ok, depending on tire size. Note: European and most export models, even Rubicons, use the narrow track axles.

I assume the Oz imported JLU Rubicon’s are narrow track axles?
Yes, our Rubicons get the narrow track axle, same as most of the export market.

I have the Teraflex JLU 2.5" Performance Spacer Lift Kit with extended swaybar links as well as the front and rear extended shock bracket kit - I'm quite happy with it so far. The reasoning was to get a bit of lift to improve the rampover angle without breaking the bank while I take my time doing more research on what lift I want to get eventually. I have used it offroad a few times and no problems so far.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Mine is Teraflex 2" in the front 1.5" in the back (with extended bumpstops), toughdog front panhard (adjustable), whiteline rear adjustable, Teraflex shock extensions (yet to go in), front mopar extended lower control arms. Running 305/70R17 (34") Ridge Grapplers, loving it, drives like stock :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20210428_113051

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either the US Rubicons get a different offset wheel to the export models or the specs on the Jeep US website are wrong if they have a wide track axle. When you convert the listed track width to mm it is the same as is listed for the Wrangler in Aus. I'm going to guess that it is the website that is wrong because the high clearance guards on the US Rubicon are wider than the ones we get which is probably to give the required tyre coverage.

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Mine is Teraflex 2" in the front 1.5" in the back (with extended bumpstops), toughdog front panhard (adjustable), whiteline rear adjustable, Teraflex shock extensions (yet to go in), front mopar extended lower control arms. Running 305/70R17 (34") Ridge Grapplers, loving it, drives like stock :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20210428_113051
Looking great, the Granite Crystal is a lovely colour. Do you get any rubbing with the 305/70R17?? (Sorry to hijack the thread with an off-topic question)
Sponsored

Reactions: mal