Sponsored

What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Do you mind show some detailed photos on the light? Did you mount them by using only one bolt?
Sorry just saw this.

Using two of the three bolts (there was not enough flat surface on the rubicon bar for the rear bolt). I don't do crazy send-it runs so it seems to hold up fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20201017_161358(0)
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20201017_161415

Also here's another shot of the AEV 2.5 at pretty much full articulation with 33s
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20201017_160841
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20201017_160632~2
Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Sorry just saw this.

Using two of the three bolts (there was not enough flat surface on the rubicon bar for the rear bolt). I don't do crazy send-it runs so it seems to hold up fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20201017_160632~2

Also here's another shot of the AEV 2.5 at pretty much full articulation with 33s
Thank you so much. Do you drilled two holes?
I’m thinking will only one bolt can hold it?

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
What is your opinion on putting 34s on stock Rubicon suspension?

I am sort of waiting until Mopar release 2 inch suspnesion here in austrailia given thatn 3rd party lift kits void the warranty.

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon

I am sort of waiting until Mopar release 2 inch suspnesion here in austrailia given thatn 3rd party lift kits void the warranty.
The 3rd party components (suspension) will not be under jeep warranty true. But unless the 3rd party components directly affected another part, warranty is unaffected on everything else. There's a section in the owners manual about 3rd party components which covers this question.

An actual example of 3rd party parts affecting warranty would be: if you get 3rd party airbag suspension and load it up to max compression, and your trailer hitch bends or breaks due to rough overland travel, an engineer can find the fault was caused by these 3rd party suspension components, rather than any strength/manufacturer defect in the trailer hitch itself.

Iirc, My understanding is that the jeep-installed Mopar parts have their own separate warranty terms.

This is how 33.3inch tyres look with stock rubicon suspension, which is close to what your looking at. Rides fine but it does bottom out on full flex.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200810_115445

Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black

Many people say stock can fit 285 75 17, which is close to 34.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

What ever they're using, i'm pretty sure it's down under.

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
my aev kit should be here next month apparently..

But yeah, to be legal would need to be engineered. I heard that the 2.5" lift is when fully loaded with extra fuel tanks, draws, roof racks, winch, etc... and that if running relatively light it pushes above 3.5"

At this stage im probably going to run the kit like that until i can decide what suspension set up i want to run full time in the future.. but for the price, the AEV kit is insanely good.

As for installers in NSW, the two that i can recommend are"

Hills 4x4 https://hills4x4.com.au/
and
Solve Offroad https://www.solveoffroad.com.au/
Unfortunately Hills 4x4 and Solve Off-road don't do engineered GVM upgrades

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
The 3rd party components (suspension) will not be under jeep warranty true. But unless the 3rd party components directly affected another part, warranty is unaffected on everything else. There's a section in the owners manual about 3rd party components which covers this question.

An actual example of 3rd party parts affecting warranty would be: if you get 3rd party airbag suspension and load it up to max compression, and your trailer hitch bends or breaks due to rough overland travel, an engineer can find the fault was caused by these 3rd party suspension components, rather than any strength/manufacturer defect in the trailer hitch itself.

Iirc, My understanding is that the jeep-installed Mopar parts have their own separate warranty terms.

This is how 33.3inch tyres look with stock rubicon suspension, which is close to what your looking at. Rides fine but it does bottom out on full flex.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200810_115445
Thanks, Mate.
So here I am finally decided to go with AEV 2.5 lift kit and maybe upgraded tyres to 315. I think it is going to end up over 2.5 inch beyond what is legal in nsw (50+25 mm). Do you think I will have to send it though an engineer ?

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks, Mate.
So here I am finally decided to go with AEV 2.5 lift kit and maybe upgraded tyres to 315. I think it is going to end up over 2.5 inch beyond what is legal in nsw (50+25 mm). Do you think I will have to send it though an engineer ?
Yeh the AEV 2.5 is closer to 3/3.5inch with light load on mine.

So it will kinda pass a visual inspection (i.e. police don't really notice or care), but if measured or formally inspected it can be defected or denied insurance without engineering cert.

Sponsored

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Yeh the AEV 2.5 is closer to 3/3.5inch with light load on mine.

So it will kinda pass a visual inspection (i.e. police don't really notice or care), but if measured or formally inspected it can be defected or denied insurance without engineering cert.

Thanks mate. Hope engieering won't cost heaps.

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon MY20
@guywiththehair, @Jaydee_S as any of you mesure how tall is your wrangler with the 295/70 tires and the AEV 2.5" lift kit, will it still enter a 1.95 car park? I will be moving to a similar setup likely December, worst case January and wonder what's the overall height.

One other question, I've noticed that both of you replaced tires to before adding the lift, did you experienced any tire rubering with the stock suspension and 33" ? I will be switching to the 295/70 KM3 mud tires this weekend... the lift will arrive later in the year and I kind hope that it will not spoil the fun in the mean time!

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
@guywiththehair, @Jaydee_S as any of you mesure how tall is your wrangler with the 295/70 tires and the AEV 2.5" lift kit, will it still enter a 1.95 car park? I will be moving to a similar setup likely December, worst case January and wonder what's the overall height.

One other question, I've noticed that both of you replaced tires to before adding the lift, did you experienced any tire rubering with the stock suspension and 33" ? I will be switching to the 295/70 KM3 mud tires this weekend... the lift will arrive later in the year and I kind hope that it will not spoil the fun in the mean time!
I got 295/70 Falken MT on the stock rims, its about 1.91m without any lift. so not sure you will be able to keep it under 1.95m.

speaking of rubbing...yes on a full lock it rubs (just a bit) not super annoying (yet).

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon

I barely just scrape through 2.2m car parks with 4x maxtrax xtreme boards on the roof. without the boards i could probably get in a 2.1m car park but no chance of 1.95.

as for tyre rubbing, i had zero rubbing full lock turning right at stock height but had a tiny bit turning left.. though i think that was just my inner fender on the left side was a little wonky at the back (its currently broken and zip tied up out of the way, though new metal inner fenders are currently on the way from quadratec)

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon

Basically I avoid any car parks that are less than 2.1mt as a rule now.

Is actually not that bad, I was already avoiding those rats nest / tiny cramped parking lots before the lift anyway. Most standard lots are 2.1mt

With just 295/70 (no lift), I was getting slight rubbing on one of the inner fenders on full lock, but only after doing wheeling did I notice it.
The plastic moulding was slightly loose on that fender so I I think it just shifted a bit after some 'spirited' sand dune drives :)
Sponsored