Sponsored

What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Well once the kit arrives... im still waiting...... it was $2250 plus delivery when i ordered them over 5 months ago from JeepKonnection. I believe the price has gone up, but honestly.. I wouldnt waste your time waiting for this kit. Just get something locally available as this 5 month wait has been killing me and who knows how long it'll take to get a set in if you ordered now.. if you are lucky, maybe end of the year.
Same here, waited for 4 months for the AEV lift delivery.

Booked myself in for an ARB OME lift in few weeks time now. They are getting a set of control arm's delivered from overseas ARB store, as none in stock in Australia, this pandemic is creating some serious supply chain headache.
Sponsored

Cummins

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Aus Spec
6 to 8 weeks until dopsons will have there lift kits out here. Spoke to the guy today to guy designing them today going to get remote resizes and hydraulic bumb stops.

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
I finally got my AEV 2.5 dual sport lift installed. Ride quality is great on road - much sportier and leans a lot less into turns. Will take off road this weekend to test on tracks.

Comparison between stock and lifted ( both on 295/70/17 33.3inch Yokohama geolander x-ATs)

Stock suspension + recovery kit in back (hardtop):
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200521_164238~2

Lift + spotties + evo 10s winch + maximus bar, with recovery gear in back (soft top)
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200912_170803~2

I'm getting drawers +fridge end of year to see if it brings the back down a bit more. AEV rear bar once they release it... Will need to install mud flaps to avoid boys in blue, bit high atm.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Here's a couple of shots of my before and after with the AEV 2.5" lift.

I have photos of before an after with a tape measure front and back for anyone thats interested.. but its closer to 3.5" like has been said before

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 2020-08-21 09.21.01
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 2020-08-21 16.40.05

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
I took it out for some light offroading over the weekend, AEV lift handled great. This is with a very light set up too.

The OEM suspension felt a lot more soft/bouncy and always felt like you had to take it far slower to control bottoming out. So the AEV lift felt much more 'sporty', both on and off road. Well worth the wait.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200919_112913(0)_2

Sponsored

JJames

First Name
Jomesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque
I took it out for some light offroading over the weekend, AEV lift handled great. This is with a very light set up too.

The OEM suspension felt a lot more soft/bouncy and always felt like you had to take it far slower to control bottoming out. So the AEV lift felt much more 'sporty', both on and off road. Well worth the wait.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20200919_112913(0)_2
How would you compare the “head roll” especially in the 2nd row seats (especially on road)?

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
How would you compare the “head roll” especially in the 2nd row seats (especially on road)?
I've only had second row passengers twice since getting the lift, but generally comment is it handles much better in turns (less rolling into each corner) and generally less brake dive. Handles much closer to a car on road, rather than a boat...

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Does Full Traction still make lifts?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Here's a couple of shots of my before and after with the AEV 2.5" lift.

I have photos of before an after with a tape measure front and back for anyone thats interested.. but its closer to 3.5" like has been said before

It is actually listed for 3.5”?
Will it need engineering as it’s above 2”?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
It is actually listed for 3.5”?
Will it need engineering as it’s above 2”?
its listed for 2.5"

once i add the second fuel tank and load up with gear.. it will probably hit closer to 2.5" im guessing.. still plenty to go into the jeep including heavier side rails and steel rear bar..

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
The coils and bilstein shocks on that lift kinda suck. Why would you all buy that lift when theres other good options like evo , synergy, or metalcloak?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
The coils and bilstein shocks on that lift kinda suck. Why would you all buy that lift when theres other good options like evo , synergy, or metalcloak?
We live in Australia.... We have limited options locally available and shipping generally isnt cheap.

Plus you cant beat the price for that lift considering it includes everything you need to get a decent lift out of the door.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
We live in Australia.... We have limited options locally available and shipping generally isnt cheap.

Plus you cant beat the price for that lift considering it includes everything you need to get a decent lift out of the door.
You guys wheel a lot down there. Im surprised more companies don't have outposts. Im sure you guys would buy that up.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a numbers game. Too few of us to make it cost effective for most companies. Those bringing gear in are pretty small businesses, add to that the limited number of RHD parts.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black

Do you mind show some detailed photos on the light? Did you mount them by using only one bolt?
Sponsored