Sponsored

What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Solve Offroad has a lift available that has already been certified. You'd have to speak to them about which wheel/tyre combo will work with it. I know that a -12 offset 17 x 9 won't pass ;)
I saw it earlier.
If I remember corectly,
they are 35” km3, +25mm wheel.
And the deal includes $2000 pay to them for their certification.
Sponsored

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've been able to (I think at this stage) find someone to cert if all for $3k. And it's apparently not the first to go through the process (exact spec as above) so I'm no too sure why, if one has passed with the exact spec, we can't just sign off all those with the same spec.

Also, can anyone confirm that once you do actually get it certified that it does now become "Road worth and legal" by the legal definition of the insurance companies? One I rang said it isn't, but a road worthy sticker would. And that even if I had produced both of these, if the cause of an accident is determined to be the lift then I am still not covered?
If you do go with this cert, please let me know because I have the AEV 2.5, was looking at the AEV pintler wheels with +25 offset, and 35's with a regear.

I would be keen to see what they would charge for a cert if I have the same setup, and it's just a rubber stamp deal - or a 2 for 1 deal?

crvella

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
If you do go with this cert, please let me know because I have the AEV 2.5, was looking at the AEV pintler wheels with +25 offset, and 35's with a regear.

I would be keen to see what they would charge for a cert if I have the same setup, and it's just a rubber stamp deal - or a 2 for 1 deal?

absolutely. I imagine it would be worth it for both us and the certifier

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Count me in haha.

TBH if it's who I think it is in NSW, one engineer told me they sort of get away with it, but technically they shouldn't be able to certify it (as under scrutiny it would not pass).

Otherwise when I eventually replace the AEV 2.5" set up I'll have a look at some others like Solve Offroad.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black

Sponsored

Dan789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2020
Just a few comments on the engineering side from my experience. I have a Patrol, wife Rubicon. Patrol has portal axles. This was engineered by Marks when they completed the kit. Once the engineering process is complete, you need to get a Blue slip completed by an authorized Blue slip mechanic. These are not your typical mechanic that does a pink slip. Once this is completed, you then take all of your documentation to SeviceNSW and they charge you a fortune to change your Registration and it is forever more linked to your vehicles documentation, of which the Police can see on their computer system when they look up your vehicle.

Now to the Rubicon, we have fitted a set of these to the Jeep from Double Black Offroad.

https://doubleblackoffroad.com/coll...th-5x5-bolt-pattern-matte-gold-9303-7973mgd12

We then also fitted a set of 315/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler on them. It looks fat & we really like the Tyres. Good side biters on them for an All Terrain Tyre.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20211022_070309

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20211022_070326

These are a seriously wide rim & tyre combo. We looked for a while for some extended flares. There are some seriously expensive options out there. What we went with in our opinoin looks the goods & was really cheap. All we had to do was cut them to length and screw them into the guards. These are the 75mm extensions. If you are interested in these, they come in different widths. Took us about 1.5 hours to fit and now the tyres are back under the flares.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130926176134?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

For the shocks, we have ordered a set of ARB's BP51 shocks which are about a 3" lift shock. They have been out of stock for a while and should be in stock by the end of October, so just in time for lockdown to be finished so we can get out.

For the coils, we will be heading down to Dobinson's next week to get them to weigh the car and give us the correct weighted 2.5" lifted shock

If the coils cant handle the weight in the rear, we will stick some airbags in to assist them. We will wait and see when the lift is fitted.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Just a few comments on the engineering side from my experience. I have a Patrol, wife Rubicon. Patrol has portal axles. This was engineered by Marks when they completed the kit. Once the engineering process is complete, you need to get a Blue slip completed by an authorized Blue slip mechanic. These are not your typical mechanic that does a pink slip. Once this is completed, you then take all of your documentation to SeviceNSW and they charge you a fortune to change your Registration and it is forever more linked to your vehicles documentation, of which the Police can see on their computer system when they look up your vehicle.

Now to the Rubicon, we have fitted a set of these to the Jeep from Double Black Offroad.

https://doubleblackoffroad.com/coll...th-5x5-bolt-pattern-matte-gold-9303-7973mgd12

We then also fitted a set of 315/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler on them. It looks fat & we really like the Tyres. Good side biters on them for an All Terrain Tyre.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 20211022_070326

These are a seriously wide rim & tyre combo. We looked for a while for some extended flares. There are some seriously expensive options out there. What we went with in our opinoin looks the goods & was really cheap. All we had to do was cut them to length and screw them into the guards. These are the 75mm extensions. If you are interested in these, they come in different widths. Took us about 1.5 hours to fit and now the tyres are back under the flares.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130926176134?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

For the shocks, we have ordered a set of ARB's BP51 shocks which are about a 3" lift shock. They have been out of stock for a while and should be in stock by the end of October, so just in time for lockdown to be finished so we can get out.

For the coils, we will be heading down to Dobinson's next week to get them to weigh the car and give us the correct weighted 2.5" lifted shock

If the coils cant handle the weight in the rear, we will stick some airbags in to assist them. We will wait and see when the lift is fitted.
The wheel is -12 offset? Have you certified your rubicon?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Just thought i'd post an update on my suspension.

Im still running the AEV dualsport kit except i changed out my shocks 5 months ago to the day and can say, that they are awesome. Im running them on the softest setting and it is still on the firmer side, but plenty comfortable for me and any passengers ive taken.

I installed the rough country vertex shocks and cant fault them at this stage. I personally think they are also a great looking shock / remote res set up as well =)

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 2021-05-30 18.47.30
Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 2021-06-01 12.53.03

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Just thought i'd post an update on my suspension.

Im still running the AEV dualsport kit except i changed out my shocks 5 months ago to the day and can say, that they are awesome. Im running them on the softest setting and it is still on the firmer side, but plenty comfortable for me and any passengers ive taken.

I installed the rough country vertex shocks and cant fault them at this stage. I personally think they are also a great looking shock / remote res set up as well =)

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 2021-06-01 12.53.03
I'm sure I read somewhere that those are made by Radflo.

Sponsored

V7ncent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How's your rubicon's cert?
Just waiting my Rubicon which probabaly will arrive in Feb. Planning to install AEV as well.
Please count me in if we are at similiar time range.
Thanks

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I can finally post in this thread! My Jeep finally turned up, not the one I ordered, that's a story for another thread.

First I'd like to thank @Steve F and @Jaydee_S for answering some questions I had for them. Thank you👍👍
IMG_20211230_185527.jpg

I've got the same Teraflex kit as @Steve F.
Wheels are 20"x8.5" +35 offset Simmons.
Tyres are Nexen MTX 295/60R20 ( there was a 6 month wait on Nittos in that size).

No rubbing at all, tyres fit just inside the guards.

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
dobinson progressive springs, MRR shocks and adjustable lower arms.
works really well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? B7DABF49-DB57-4B23-8591-8B4DF4292F0A

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 0AA85A5E-ADCF-4BC4-8FFD-DF3ABBD69B32

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 775A55A5-0022-4018-8CF5-FED16EDEE91F

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? 9AB6613E-2DE1-401C-A264-0A27C2895718

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? AC6D5C4D-286C-4663-A46D-505B70EB7101

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
dobinson progressive springs, MRR shocks and adjustable lower arms.
works really well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Suspension setups are people running in Australia? AC6D5C4D-286C-4663-A46D-505B70EB7101

That looks great. Do you have more details on the kit you bought, amount of lift advertised and actual lift gained?

What's the ride like with this setup?
Sponsored