Sponsored

What suspension and tires are you running with your AEV JL wheels???

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the AEV wheels, and am running a MC gamechanger 2.5". When you order the MC lift you can specify what your backspacing is and they send you parts that work with that (I chose the stock option, since the AEV wheels have the back face at same location as stock wheels). Everything works fine...
No spacers, that was whole point of aev wheels. Dont remember how much bump stop I used, I think 2”?
they supply lift parts that are compatible w wheels w stock or equiv backspacing. I think it has to do with sway bar links and maybe shock mounts, but I obviously don’t have the kit for wheels w less backspacing so impossible to know the details exactly. I’m sure they can tell you the diff if you call or email.
aev Wheels have higher backspacing but they’re also 17x9 instead of 17x7.5 like stock so the inside lip of the wheel is in the exact same spot as the inside lip of a stock wheel. For suspension rubbing issues there’s no diff between aev wheels and stock. Of course w a wider rim and tire the outside lip and tire edge are further out so there may be fender, etc rubbing.

I have 37x12.5 atko2s
Interesting.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shane340

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
aev Wheels have higher backspacing but they’re also 17x9 instead of 17x7.5 like stock so the inside lip of the wheel is in the exact same spot as the inside lip of a stock wheel. For suspension rubbing issues there’s no diff between aev wheels and stock. Of course w a wider rim and tire the outside lip and tire edge are further out so there may be fender, etc rubbing.

I have 37x12.5 atko2s
Fair points, the wheels are 17x8.5 but most of that is still true. It is the fender and control arm rubbing at full turns that I’ve seen people mention with AEV wheels. I suspect you aren’t having issues because you are running KO2s, which run smaller than something like a Nitto TG in the same listed size. I know the C load 37 KO2 runs less wide than even the 315 KO2 C load. Tires are definitely a huge factor for success with these wheels on aftermarket suspension. Even the AEV lift with AEV wheels can’t clear stock controls arms on full turns running 37x12.5r17 Nitto TG, don’t want to know what flexing with that setup would look like. Anyways… if KO2 or KM3 are the ticket to running AEV wheels on MC 2.5 GC I would 100% do it.

Lyaec350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Fair points, the wheels are 17x8.5 but most of that is still true. It is the fender and control arm rubbing at full turns that I’ve seen people mention with AEV wheels. I suspect you aren’t having issues because you are running KO2s, which run smaller than something like a Nitto TG in the same listed size. I know the C load 37 KO2 runs less wide than even the 315 KO2 C load. Tires are definitely a huge factor for success with these wheels on aftermarket suspension. Even the AEV lift with AEV wheels can’t clear stock controls arms on full turns running 37x12.5r17 Nitto TG, don’t want to know what flexing with that setup would look like. Anyways… if KO2 or KM3 are the ticket to running AEV wheels on MC 2.5 GC I would 100% do it.
good point on 8.5, just checkedthe aev website. I wish I had the c range 37s, but they weren’t available a year ago when I got mine (e range). Oh well.
Sponsored