Sponsored

What sunscreen (for your skin) do you keep in your Jeep?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
At (worse case) six parts per million down to the FDA restriction of two parts per million, it’s most likely a manufacturer’s issue with contamination. These are still trace amounts, the source of which should be investigated, but should not dissuade anyone from using sunscreen.

By comparison, NIH lists typical benzene content of gasoline at 1%. Since benzene readily vaporizes into gas, well… you are essentially exposing yourself to hundreds of thousands of times the amount from sunscreen at every fill up.

There is a an inherit calculated risk with every product we use. We can take reasonable precautions, but at some point, we also want to maximize our ability to live a normal life.

Oh, and to answer the original question - I honestly don’t know. There’s some in the center console. Something off the shelf, at least SPF 45. I do try to stay out of the sun (pale, burn stupid easy)
Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I'm trying to figure out why there is benzene in there to start with. Gasoline and Liquid Wrench, I get it. But Suntan lotion?

Jeep Wrangler JL What sunscreen (for your skin) do you keep in your Jeep? lotion

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Usually use bud light, sometimes Rainier beers, even though its no longer made here locally.
About 3 months of sunshine here , no sunscreen lotions needed.
:CWL: