First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I have a couple of pairs of Oakleys and a pair of Costas. I like them equally well. The Costas are more for casual wear. The Oakleys are for rugged wear. If you sign up for Oakley notifications, they routinely offer 30% off, a deal that you will not find in any stores.

Now, if you are hard on sunglasses and/or loose them a lot, then look at the selection of 3M safety glasses at Lowe's, Home Depot or online. You can get poloraized, quality glasses for $30 or so. The trade of is that the frames are cheap. I have these for yard work and to keep a spare pair in the boat or Jeep. They are so good I may not buy expensive one anymore. Other good sunglasses that are less expensive are SunCloud and Wiley X.

I always get polarized, as it cuts the reflection and glare from the dashboard. I prefer optical quality lenses because disportion drives me crazy with crappy ones.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Maui Jim lenses are excellent. The frames are kinda fragile on a lot of the styles. They don't have many rugged frames available.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
No no no!!! Genuine military aviators from Randolf Engineering or American Optical. I have a pair of each, one silver and one gold. It's the only way to go.
I like those, had them when I was in the Army 30 years ago. But they are heavy with their glass lenses and they fall off easy when you bend over. They are great glasses though. Used to be $35 at the PX, they are about $200 today.

H to O

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2021, GMC Canyon 2015
I have a couple pairs of Revos and a couple pairs of Costas. I particularly like the Costas I have with built in readers in the lower lense section. Very helpful for knot tying when I’m fishing, or reading label directions that always seem to be in .00005 size font!

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Me and all my Jeep clan wear Goodrs exclusively. But we are also all avid runners. Goodrs are designed for runners, but are great, inexpensive glasses.

Here are two of my favorite pairs of Goodrs (both discontinued now, they were limited edition)

Jeep Wrangler JL What sunglasses you wearing? 20220501_134333

Then the Falkor's are for my Hydro Hazel Jeep but also double as my running teams matching glasses.

Jeep Wrangler JL What sunglasses you wearing? 20220501_133437

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I like those, had them when I was in the Army 30 years ago. But they are heavy with their glass lenses and they fall off easy when you bend over. They are great glasses though. Used to be $35 at the PX, they are about $200 today.
Yes.....I was an avionics tech in the Marine Corps and all the pilots wore them. The Randolf Engineerimg glasses are heavy but that's because of the high quality. The AO aviators are a little lighter. My AO aviators do seem to fit a little loose but my RE aviators fit nice and snug and don't fall off. It's all about ordering the right size.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Yep. Good option. Every now and then a cheap and good sunglasses company comes along. This one I like and use.
And the story of how the company started is epic.

I like that I can have 10 pairs of varying styles for what some pay for one pair of expensive ones.

In fact, 2 years ago we were lake kayaking. One fella, a 20 something guy, had on some brand of sunglasses I'd never heard of before and he claimed he gave $400 for them. Not an hour later they fell off and are still at the bottom of the lake. I may have smiled to myself a little.

I could buy 16 pairs of Goodrs for 400 bucks and, hey, look at that, they float. 🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored