Sponsored

What size trailer do you use to carry your JLU or your gladiator behind a motor home

Trailer size

• Total voters

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had a 24 ft trailer, so I am no help to my bud Gary. He has a 40ft diesel pusher coach. He is going to order a trailer to carry his JLUR on behind the coach.
So what size are you guys using to haul a JLU or a gladiator?
Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
None of the above, if I’m not flat towing I have a 28’ enclosed hauler for the Jeep + other toys.

Once you trailer up, there’s no benefit to saving a couple of feet. Longer trailers are more stable and easier to back up.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Yeah, flat tow. Rockhard Patriot bumper with Blue Oc connections for a tow bar. Blue Ox tow bar and you’re good. Transfer case in neutral, Jeep in park.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Why use a trailer when flat towing is so easy?
Trailer tires are cheap compared to Copper STT PRO 37x12.5R17 Tgese tires are $430 each plus about $125 to mount them on a bead lock wheel.

Also the full flat tow set up with brakes and lights are close to the cost of a new trailer and the trailer save wear and tear on a $60,000 vehicle.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I’m going with a 20 or 22’ trailer to tow my 392 in the coming months. Not gonna drive 500+ miles one way on 40s to the good wheeling spots. Might go with a 22’ so I have a little more wiggle room but not 100% on that. Something like the PJ Trailers Buggy Hauler is on my short list. TLDR, 18’ minimum, 20’ is better.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Frankly I’ve found a trailer a pita behind a motorhome (where do you put it while camped?). Seems to me it add a lot of extra work/issues to camping, when getting away from work and hassles is the whole reason for going camping in the first place😏. A lot of places we go have zero room for a trailer YMMV

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I've got a 20ft Featherlite 3110 with the skid loader package. It weighs only 2120lb and rated for 7480lb of load (9600 total, some states charge more registration and insurance for 10K plus trailers). Works great and very well build trailer. Only problem.....it was a pretty penny, aluminum prices have skyrocketed.

Buggy is 109" wheelbase for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL What size trailer do you use to carry your JLU or your gladiator behind a motor home IMG_8277.JPG

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I had a 24 ft trailer, so I am no help to my bud Gary. He has a 40ft diesel pusher coach. He is going to order a trailer to carry his JLUR on behind the coach.
So what size are you guys using to haul a JLU or a gladiator?
I know this is an old thread, but wondering if your bud, Gary, ever purchased a trailer and size? Looking to possibly purchase a Class A diesel pusher to haul the Jeep to wheeling destinations.
Sponsored