Sponsored

What size tires will you be putting on your JL?

What size tires will you be putting on our JL?

• Total voters

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
For those of you putting on 35s do you plan to use a lift and if so how much (2 inch?) or plan to not use a lift as it sounds like the JL won’t need a lift for 35s.
I’m going to put them on right away and there won’t be any lifts available yet. Then I’ll decide if I want/need one. I’m leaning towards getting one. I think off-road they’ll rub a little if I don’t, but could be wrong.
2” should give you a lot of travel and option to go 37s eventually if you want.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
And I believe 35s will only fit under a rubicon stock because of the high line fenders FYI.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
35” nitto ridge grapplers. Will probably drive directly to the tire dealer and swap them out is my plan. Once metalcloak produces a 2” game changer I’ll slap it on.

Not really stoked about the factory wheels. Ordered the upgraded but may see if dealer will take them back for a credit or something.
Will the Nittos fit on the stock Rubicon wheels?

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I personally will be getting a lift, I live in the rockies and need the extra clearance and articulation of the lift and 37's.
That in turn will help the approach, departure, and breakovers, at the expense of worse mileage and handling.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be adding the 2" Mopar lift. It may not "need" it, but it will insure full articulation...and, it looks good...;);)

Sponsored

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
I'll take off and sell those butt ugly rims and tiny tires and go with a wider 17" rim and Cooper SST Pro's in 37"s on this one.
I'll also go with a Metal Cloak Lift, hopefully I won't have to truss the axles and reinforce the "C"s.
More than likely I'll replace the Drive Shafts since they will be the weak link.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I'll take off and sell those butt ugly rims and tiny tires and go with a wider 17" rim and Cooper SST Pro's in 37"s on this one.
I'll also go with a Metal Cloak Lift, hopefully I won't have to truss the axles and reinforce the "C"s.
More than likely I'll replace the Drive Shafts since they will be the weak link.
Getting the same tires, they are really good and not too loud either.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Will the Nittos fit on the stock Rubicon wheels?
Not sure, but I am actually going to replace the wheel too. For some reason I thought I added the upgraded wheels...but after getting a new order sheet from my dealer I am excited that I did not.
My dealer is going to buy the wheels/tires back from me at cost to them, and I can use the credit towards my own wheel/tire package they will order from me!
Helps my dealer is an AEV authorized dealer too because they do a lot of AEV builds and are mod friendly. Today they were very helpful in the process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Not sure, but I am actually going to replace the wheel too. For some reason I thought I added the upgraded wheels...but after getting a new order sheet from my dealer I am excited that I did not.
My dealer is going to buy the wheels/tires back from me at cost to them, and I can use the credit towards my own wheel/tire package they will order from me!
Helps my dealer is an AEV authorized dealer too because they do a lot of AEV builds and are mod friendly. Today they were very helpful in the process
That’s awesome! I actually like the base Rubicon wheels a lot more than the optional ones. I also like the 8.5 mopars that we’re on the show truck and had 35s. Wonder if my dealer will do a swap for those?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
That’s awesome! I actually like the base Rubicon wheels a lot more than the optional ones. I also like the 8.5 mopars that we’re on the show truck and had 35s. Wonder if my dealer will do a swap for those?
Won’t hurt to ask, I just went to the parts area in the dealership, guy was really cool. They are exited I’m getting a JL so they can see it. He asked his manager for me and they said no problem they’ll give me a credit as long as they swap them before they deliver it to me

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Won’t hurt to ask, I just went to the parts area in the dealership, guy was really cool. They are exited I’m getting a JL so they can see it. He asked his manager for me and they said no problem they’ll give me a credit as long as they swap them before they deliver it to me
My problem is that I love the optional wheels. My Discount Tire store says they'll put the 315 Duratracs on the 7.5 rims, so I should be gtg, if the back spacing is right.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
For the guys planning to run 37's, how many of you already have 37's but also use it as a DD? I seriously thought about getting 37's, but just don't seem very practical for a DD.
I run 37's on my daily and don't have any issues. I am however regeared, and have a PR44 in the front.

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
I'm going to go in steps, starting stock and hope to stay stock. I'll be getting a 2 door Rubicon.

If on my local trails (rocky Rubicon trail type of stuff) there is too much risk of body damage stock the first step will be 35's on a second set of rims (bead locks) for trail use with no lift, I'll run the stock wheels and tires for daily driving.

If that isn't enough I'll do 35's with a 2" lift.
What is the deal with bead lock rims? Are they just decorative or is there a functional advantage?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
What is the deal with bead lock rims? Are they just decorative or is there a functional advantage?
True beadlock wheels allow you to air down your tires much more without losing the bead. Some wheels just have decorative rims that simulate beadlocks.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
It is nice that you can repaint the lock ring when it gets scarred up.
Sponsored