Sponsored

What size tires will you be putting on your JL?

What size tires will you be putting on our JL?

• Total voters

AmericanRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Anyone considered switching to the 285/75 r17 which is the same width as the stock rubicon 285/70 r17 but a full inch taller...the BFG's and most makes are rated E....I ran E rated tires on my 2012 JKUR and loved them, they were impervious to any and all obstacles....thoughts-opinions....am I crazy,..I really like the tall skinny tire on a jeep reminds me of the old military models....8 weeks and counting JLUR Granite
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone considered switching to the 285/75 r17 which is the same width as the stock rubicon 285/70 r17 but a full inch taller...the BFG's and most makes are rated E....I ran E rated tires on my 2012 JKUR and loved them, they were impervious to any and all obstacles....thoughts-opinions....am I crazy,..I really like the tall skinny tire on a jeep reminds me of the old military models....8 weeks and counting JLUR Granite
I run 255/80/17 "pizza cutters" on my JKUR. They are amazing off road, and surprisingly, do well even in the sand. Mine are KM2's, which are just outstanding. The tractive power of narrow tires was particularly effective on the rocks in Moab. They also don't push as much wind on the highway, which is good, because the 3.8 can use all the help it can get. They also fit easily on the stock rims and they weigh under 60 pounds, so they don't put much stress on the axles or axle tubes. I combined mine with a 2" lift, which was perfect.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
For the guys planning to run 37's, how many of you already have 37's but also use it as a DD? I seriously thought about getting 37's, but just don't seem very practical for a DD.
Yeah I'm running 35's on my 2011 JKU with auto trans and That's what I'm sticking with. I'm running 5.13's and this thing is still a pig. Unless you want to spend a ton of money and I don't the 37's just wear the jeeps out. If I were rich I would run 40's.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'll run the factory 33's on the Rubi, but if no lift is required, I might take a look at a set of 35's. Maybe.
Pretty much this. I'll keep an eye out on CraigsList and if a set comes up for a good price I'll probably scoop them up and sell the 33's. Fitting 35's stock is absolutely amazing.

Ghagen1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon

Sponsored

Ghagen1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
I'm looking at these also. Looks like they will fit the factory wheels. I think they are a little heavier. Do you plan on a lift or the tire carrier upgrade?

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
What size, load rating and weight are the Yokohama G003's shown testing on Wrangler 7.5x17 wheels?

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
2dr gas V6 Auto Hardtop Rubi. Daily Driver 98%. Off Road 2%. Bigger more aggressive tires won't help handling, mpg or drive train.
Depending on stock rpm at 70 mph, could go 315's after 285's but that's my bag. Good luck on your wallet for those 40's.

Sponsored

Hogpup

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubicon
2dr gas V6 Auto Hardtop Rubi. Daily Driver 98%. Off Road 2%. Bigger more aggressive tires won't help handling, mpg or drive train.
Depending on stock rpm at 70 mph, could go 315's after 285's but that's my bag. Good luck on your wallet for those 40's.
I have a different moto, go big or stay home, and pay to play. Lol

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
I have a different moto, go big or stay home, and pay to play. Lol
It will run you about $10 Grand to lift and reinforce the axles, put Dynatrac rebuildable ball joins at the same time to save you headaches down the road.
The Pro Comp Extreme MT2's are great road tires and do well off road aired down.
The wear and track very true and aren't effected by road grooves of uneven track.
They also don't have rotational drift like Toyo's do.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I’ll be running 37 KO2’s on DV8 Beadlocks..weigh in at exactely 100#’s.....

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Anyone using a wheel spacer that is specifically made for the JL vs the JK?

Extreme Terrain said they don't have any that are the correct length for the new JL. This was one of the reviews: "These wheel spacers do not fit a 2018 Wrangler JL like the description says. After receiving my order it does have a 5x5 bolt pattern however, the bolt shank size on a JL is different. The factory shank is larger than the provided nuts with these wheel spacers. After calling extreme terrain I was told to return the item and that they don’t offer any spacers to fit a JL at this time".
Sponsored