Sponsored

What size tires will you be putting on your JL?

What size tires will you be putting on our JL?

• Total voters
OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Saw the JLUR in person today at an auto show and I have to say that 33s look pretty darn big in person. They looked great and very proportionate to the vehicle.

Also saw a G-Wagen on 36s and they seemed enormous. The clearance that thing had was incredible. I think they were portal axles...you could go underneath there and do pushups. Also about 5x more expensive than a fully loaded JLUR according to the information sheet.

There was a custom RAM 1500 with 38s and all I can say is holy cow they were big.

All of the above look bigger in person than in pictures.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Ordered jlur 3/13- having the dealership switch out for 35 ko2’s c-load on the stock rims before taking delivery.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
So because the majority is 35" tires and this will be my first Jeep, what are somethings I'll need to be able to fit 35' for a Sahara?

Will my tailgate need to be reinforced? Or is the Rough Country Over Size Spare Tire Relocation Bracket enough? Will I need to regear? How come Liam Neeson didn't have a cane in Citizen Kane? How come there was no cliffhanger in the movie Cliff Hanger?

Sorry for the noobie questions, I initially wanted 33's but, after checking out some of the trails that I haven't been too since November; with no snow I might actually need bigger tires and a lift.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
So because the majority is 35" tires and this will be my first Jeep, what are somethings I'll need to be able to fit 35' for a Sahara?

Will my tailgate need to be reinforced? Or is the Rough Country Over Size Spare Tire Relocation Bracket enough? Will I need to regear? How come Liam Neeson didn't have a cane in Citizen Kane? How come there was no cliffhanger in the movie Cliff Hanger?

Sorry for the noobie questions, I initially wanted 33's but, after checking out some of the trails that I haven't been too since November; with no snow I might actually need bigger tires and a lift.
A Sahara will need a lift....depending on weight you’ll probably need to relocation/reinforcement brackets, since it’s the Sahara I’m not sure of gearing but the 8 speed tranny does great with 4.10’s and 37’s...

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
A Sahara will need a lift....depending on weight you’ll probably need to relocation/reinforcement brackets, since it’s the Sahara I’m not sure of gearing but the 8 speed tranny does great with 4.10’s and 37’s...
Thank you :like:
Sponsored