Sponsored

What size/style Jeep logo for a Boomerang hard shell tire cover?

Radioscooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sky One Touch
So, admittedly I'm a bit OCD about this. And I did try to search to see if this had been covered before here. Maybe I still missed it. Having had a white, body color-matched hard shell tire cover for my JKU for 10 years, I wanted a hard shell tire cover to match my 2020 Sting Ray Rubicon. The Boomerang master series is fantastic in every way. But it isn't OEM branded, obviously. Having scoured eBay and other markets for suitable nameplate badges, I settled on just using the side logo for the color match. Which is great, but it's smaller than what should go on the tire cover. So questions:

• How does this look to you all? Forgivable? Or way too small?
  • Has anyone else done this or something similar?
  • What's the actual height of the "J" on a Mopar branded Jeep tire cover nameplate?
  • What other nameplates might be closer to the right size? I looked at Gladiator liftgates (too large), Cherokee liftgates (not the right separate letter style) and so on.
  • Also, look at the white one in the third image - that's a still from an Overland Edition video review with a JL, sporting - yep, a stock Mopar branded hard shell tire cover with camera mount! WTF? Any thoughts where this might be available to purchase?
Any spirited discussion or assist would be appreciated.

2021-06-21 16.42.55.jpg

2021-06-21 16.43.03.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-21 15.21.53.png
Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Tire covers say, "Mall Crawler" all over them. When I was a kid cars had Continental Kits, I have to admit they looked good back them. They also had fender skirts and curb feelers.

Sponsored

wranglerbiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
So, admittedly I'm a bit OCD about this. And I did try to search to see if this had been covered before here. Maybe I still missed it. Having had a white, body color-matched hard shell tire cover for my JKU for 10 years, I wanted a hard shell tire cover to match my 2020 Sting Ray Rubicon. The Boomerang master series is fantastic in every way. But it isn't OEM branded, obviously. Having scoured eBay and other markets for suitable nameplate badges, I settled on just using the side logo for the color match. Which is great, but it's smaller than what should go on the tire cover. So questions:

• How does this look to you all? Forgivable? Or way too small?
  • Has anyone else done this or something similar?
  • What's the actual height of the "J" on a Mopar branded Jeep tire cover nameplate?
  • What other nameplates might be closer to the right size? I looked at Gladiator liftgates (too large), Cherokee liftgates (not the right separate letter style) and so on.
  • Also, look at the white one in the third image - that's a still from an Overland Edition video review with a JL, sporting - yep, a stock Mopar branded hard shell tire cover with camera mount! WTF? Any thoughts where this might be available to purchase?
Any spirited discussion or assist would be appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL What size/style Jeep logo for a Boomerang hard shell tire cover? IMG_3295.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL What size/style Jeep logo for a Boomerang hard shell tire cover? IMG_3295.JPEG

What size is your spare tire? I have a 2019 2D sport s (stock tires 32”) and i can’t seem to get the steel ring for cover the sides properly (see pics) how did you get yours to fit perfectly?

57354977-5651-40D1-B73C-E2F5EFFE2623.jpeg

emgilliatt

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gx 470, 23 jeep Willys 2dr
that's a great looking jeep! I just picked up a 23 sting grey 2 door... can you let me know what those wheels are? thanks! (needless to say great looking tire cover as well)

I guess I did something "pretty similar"...

Jeep Wrangler JL What size/style Jeep logo for a Boomerang hard shell tire cover? 57354977-5651-40D1-B73C-E2F5EFFE2623
Sponsored