So, admittedly I'm a bit OCD about this. And I did try to search to see if this had been covered before here. Maybe I still missed it. Having had a white, body color-matched hard shell tire cover for my JKU for 10 years, I wanted a hard shell tire cover to match my 2020 Sting Ray Rubicon. The Boomerang master series is fantastic in every way. But it isn't OEM branded, obviously. Having scoured eBay and other markets for suitable nameplate badges, I settled on just using the side logo for the color match. Which is great, but it's smaller than what should go on the tire cover. So questions:
- How does this look to you all? Forgivable? Or way too small?
- Has anyone else done this or something similar?
- What's the actual height of the "J" on a Mopar branded Jeep tire cover nameplate?
- What other nameplates might be closer to the right size? I looked at Gladiator liftgates (too large), Cherokee liftgates (not the right separate letter style) and so on.
- Also, look at the white one in the third image - that's a still from an Overland Edition video review with a JL, sporting - yep, a stock Mopar branded hard shell tire cover with camera mount! WTF? Any thoughts where this might be available to purchase?